Wayfair is home to a dynamic, 300-person talent acquisition team. The COO, Talent Acquisition will drive the long-term strategy and day-to-day workflow for this large and diverse organization. We are seeking a well-rounded General Manager to run Talent Acquisition as a business and drive outsized performance for our business partners. This is a prime opportunity for an innovative and operationally minded business leader to get close to the team that brings top talent to the table for Wayfair.
In this role, you will mentor and lead a team of ~20 people across operations, change management, and analytics. You will build relationships and collaborate with a broad set of senior stakeholders (nearly every Director+ in the company interfaces with the Talent Acquisition team in some fashion). You will own major initiatives that drive efficiency in our process, challenge the way we work (for the better) and set us up to deliver exceptional results for Wayfair.
- Own the operational strategy and outlook for the full Global Talent Acquisition organization (influencing the work streams of ~300+ employees across many disciplines recruiting, sourcing, operations, analytics), including:
- Capacity planning, grounded in a data-driven demand forecast (& linked to KPIs), validated with intuition.
- Evaluating and optimizing workflow and pain points for TA, communicating the path forward, and driving results through influence.
- Organizational planning and design (in collaboration with Talent leadership team).
- Capability assessment and gap analysis (do we have the right people today to do the work that will be required tomorrow?).
- Manage and evolve the data architecture and resulting analytics; drive the tools and technology roadmap for TA with a clear vision for the future.
- Create easy to consume and standardized reporting; establish communication mechanism internally and to key stakeholders that highlights recruiting trends.
- Drive all Talent Acquisition as a business reporting; provide visibility for the Wayfair executive team.
- No formal Talent experience required but familiarity with recruiting activities would be helpful.
- 7+ years experience in management consulting OR in analytics, change management, operations or process improvement at a high growth company.
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results.
- Strong analytical foundation with a penchant for process and operations.
- Intensely curious with an appreciation for talent acquisition.
- Versatile performer, capable of adapting as data-led insights evolve.
- Effective manager and collaborative colleague in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic organization.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.