Office Tour Photos
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industrys largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world class team comprised of many disciplines designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers and more. Our work fuels all forms of onsite and offsite marketing to and communication with our consumers from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail and more.
The Head of Creative Operations serves as the business owner and COO of our Creative Group. You drive the long-term strategy, scaling and day-to-day workflow for this large and diverse creative organization. We are seeking a bright, driven, well-rounded General Manager to run Creative as a business, drive outsized performance for our stakeholder partners and wow our customers. This is a prime opportunity for a process oriented business leader to lean and get close to their appreciation of all things creative.
In this role, you will hire, mentor and lead a team of project managers, production leaders, analysts and coordinators that map to each of our core business lines (e.g., core B2C, B2B, lifestyle brands, home services). You will build relationships and collaborate with a broad set of senior stakeholders (nearly every Director+ in the company interfaces with the Creative Group in some fashion). You will own major initiatives that drive efficiency in our process, challenge the way we work (for the better) and set us up to deliver exceptional experiences for our customer that are optimized, data-driven and reinforcing of our consumer brands.
What You'll Do
- Own the operational strategy and outlook for the full Creative organization (currently ~200 employees across many disciplines design, copy, editorial, video editing, cinematography, etc.), including:
- Capacity planning, grounded in a data-driven demand forecast, validated with intuition Organization planning and design (in collaboration with Creative Directors)
- Process design and continuous improvement (currently grounded in Agile methodology)
- Capability assessment and gap analysis (do we have the right people today to do the work that will be required tomorrow?)
- Lead the thinking on how our working model needs to evolved to accommodate the significant growth and complex demands of our business proactively and productively disrupt status quo
- Drive efficiencies across all aspects of our work, from intake to delivery, from upfront planning through to retrospective learning, in collaboration with the Creative leads and stakeholders
- Manage and evolve the data architecture and resulting analytics; drive the tools and technology roadmap
- Drive all Creative as a business reporting; provide visibility for the Wayfair executive team
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, continuous learning and relevant change management for the full Creative organization
- Oversee a team of ~30 Project Managers and Producers (print, video)
What You'll Need
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- 7 to 15 years experience in management consulting or e-commerce preferred
- MBA from top tier school
- Strong analytical foundation with a penchant for process and operations
- Intensely curious with an appreciation for creative
- Versatile performer, capable of adapting as data-led insights evolve
- Prior experience recruiting and building high performance teams
- Effective manager and collaborative colleague in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic organization
- No formal Creative or Creative Ops experience required
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From