Superpedestrian is seeking a hands-on Controls Engineer to drive the system design and implementation of advanced assistive safety systems for micromobility platforms. Working at the intersection of the firmware, electrical, and mechanical domains, you will enable our e-bike, e-scooter, and emerging sharing products to gain advanced safety systems that lead the industry. You will work closely with the engineering teams to drive performance of the system as a whole and will combine qualitative and quantitative data from testing, manufacturing, and fielded units to understand and improve the products and experiences. The ideal candidate would have at least one of: systems design and integration experience at a Tier 1/2 automotive OEM; experience implementing self-driving controls methodologies; or significant experience designing multi-sensor systems for saftey-critical platforms.
What you'll do:
- Design advanced systems that integrate sensors and controls methodologies to enhance the safety footing of, and provide exciting new features to electric shared mobility platforms.
- Design and engineer subsystems critical to those features.
- Contribute to every phase of design and implementation, from feature selection, to system design and test and manufacturing.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of system-level and subsystem EVT/DVT and certification testing.
- Analyze test data to validate system performance.
- Assist in designing and delivering vehicles and systems into our growing test fleet.
- Investigate new technologies that might contribute to new feature development.
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS in Engineering with at least 5+ years of controls and/or systems engineering experience, preferably with a focus on ADAS, self-driving technologies, and/or sensor fusion.
- 2+ years of hands-on robotics experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with regulatory testing and end product standards.
- A desire and ability to understand cross-disciplinary problems
- Experience using Matlab, Python, or other similar platforms to execute systems-level design and analyze field and test data.
- A unique ability to extract information from data.
- A proven track record of delivering advanced systems that improve the safety of vehicles or other human-in-the-loop machines.