About the role:
The Controller will play a key role in building a highly scalable, best in class financial organization. He/she will drive the ethos for how the accounting operations runs and ensure the appropriate balance between an adequate control environment and the needs of a rapidly growing business. The selected candidate will not only be technically strong, but also possess the leadership and communications skills necessary to support the overall business with accurate and timely reporting and actionable information. This position reports directly to the CFO.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a growing internal staff and outsourced accountants to ensure accurate and timely three statement GAAP reporting and work closely with the CFO to prepare monthly and quarterly internal and Board reporting.
- Drive efficiencies in the financial reporting processes and create consistency in revenue and expense recognition across all contract types.
- Research, implement and subsequently manage select accounting and adjacent financial systems in close conjunction with the CFO.
- Build and continuously improve internal controls around financial reporting; maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; and work cross-functionally to implement changes in firm-wide processes in the spirit of finding the appropriate balance between a controlled environment and business goals.
- Hire, mentor and develop a growing accounting team that serves as a service center for the entire organization.
- Liaise with the Company’s external auditors and tax advisors throughout the year to research, implement and document necessary technical accounting standards, policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory matters.
- The professional maturity to take ownership, operate with transparency and focus on producing results with a willingness to be ‘hands on’ when needed.
- Excellent communication, leadership and team development skills.
- Experience owning a company’s general ledger and producing timely financial reporting (i.e. monthly, quarterly, year-end).
- 5+ years of progressive accounting / finance experience. Public accounting in audit services and experience at a VC- or PE-backed company both big pluses.
- A broad business acumen with exposure to both software and manufacturing accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and a CPA license.
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning. To learn more about the technology behind our robots, please see our YouTube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HuBeNHpWhc.