Immuta was founded in 2015 based on a specific mission to build a platform that accelerates self-service access and control of sensitive data. Immutas award-winning automated data governance software platform creates trust across security, legal, compliance, and business teams so they can work together to ensure timely access to critical business data with minimal risks. Our automated, scalable, no code approach makes it easy for users to access the data they need, when they need it, while protecting sensitive data and ensuring their customers privacy.
Our Mission is clear. Enable the legal and ethical use of data. How we approach this mission is also clear!
We are mission focused. Born out of a government mission, we understand why data is about more than just analytics - it also represents our values. Our mission is to enable the legal and ethical use of data, ensuring that data is accessible to only those who need it, for the right reasons, and in the proper form.
We are humble intellects. We are experts in privacy, ethics, law, and engineering. But true expertise requires constant change - to always learn and to always adapt. And that means we excel as students and as teachers. We have something to learn from everyone, at any time, in any place.
We are independent achievers. We dont need guidance to get things done, yet we know when to ask for help. We accomplish our mission while upholding our values, whatever it takes.
We are helpful and caring. For us, life is about the values we uphold, not the credit we receive or the attention we garner. We operate with respect and consideration of our peers, acting with empathy, honesty, transparency, and integrity.
The Controller will join a well-capitalized, hyper-growth startup SaaS company that is focused on scaling in the data and security market. We are looking for someone who not only knows accounting, but also is able to act as a strategic partner to the business. The Controller will own, continuously iterate on, and optimize the day-to-day accounting functions, including: revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, international consolidations, payroll and monthly financial reporting. He or she will also manage and streamline the month-end close process by reviewing inefficiencies and adding processes that can make each month a smoother close than the last. The Controller will touch many parts of the organization, working closely with finance/accounting colleagues and partnering with key executives.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Partnering with the VP of Finance, CEO, COO, and others to analyze trends and make key company strategy decisions
- Managing internal and external reporting, including preparing reports and presentations for the companys board of directors
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, CPA or equivalent certification preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required
- Knowledge of monthly close and annual audit of a SaaS software company
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to manipulate large data sets
- Strong analytical skills and mindset
- Experience with NetSuite is very helpful
- Experience with multinational corporate structures
- Relentless pursuit of answers where you wont stop digging until you get to the root cause of an issue
- Knowledge of recent accounting guidance like ASC-606
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, written, visual, and verbal
- Comfortable presenting to executives and large audiences
- Multi-tasking capability, critical thinking skills, and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.