For owners and operators of commercial real estate, HqO is an end-to-end tenant experience (TeX) operating system and data and analytics platform that strengthens relationships with current and prospective tenants. We unlock business value for owners while bringing property management, marketing, and leasing teams closer to their customers. For building occupants, HqO is an award-winning tenant app connecting employees to the communities in and around their building and empowering them with tools to control their workday. Join our story and help empower our customers to build a stronger community in offices worldwide.
Our core values of Lets Go (Learning, Excellence, Truth, Speed, Goodness, Ownership) define our culture and push us to be our best. Were excited to grow our team and learn from people that want to make a difference. If you love what you do and youre interested in being part of our journey, we want to hear from you.
Maintain a system of controls to safeguard company assets and ensure data integrity and timeliness of accurate financial reporting
HqO is seeking a full-time Controller to work in our Boston office. This leadership role will build a world-class accounting department by hiring and developing a team to meet the increasing needs of our business. This is an opportunity to directly engage our C-Suite and board of directors. You will create processes, internal controls, reporting, and enhance our systems; making a direct impact on the future success of HqO.
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial conditions by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Assists in preparing budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains accounting staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- 10+ years of experience in a senior accounting-related role
- 5+ years in management and leadership role
- Masters Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Excellent knowledge in GAAP and SaaS SEC regulations
- You are detail-oriented and have strong problem-solving skills.
- You are capable of meeting critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and advanced with Excel
- CPA Required