We are looking for an experienced hands-on Controller with a demonstrated history of enabling success at high growth startups. Skilled in Revenue Recognition, NetSuite/Quickbooks, Salesforce.com, SaaS, Payroll, HR, Treasury Management, Internal Controls, Auditing and Taxes.
What You'll Be Doing
- Own the monthly financial close process.
- Administer payroll
- Coordinate and prepare financial statements
- Revenue Recognition accounting
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Invoicing, purchase orders, and payables and receivables management, including collections
- Managing corporate credit card transactions
- Production of monthly flash report
- Maintenance of cash schedules and cash flow forecast
- Maintenance of Cap Table and associated option grant and stock based compensation accounting
- Manage activities of external providers such as insurance, banking, CPA firm
- Assist in managing the budget and forecasting process
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluate accounting and internal controls
- Administer and manage operating systems
- Oversee regulatory reporting, including federal, state and municipality tax compliance (in coordination with external tax firm)
What It Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline
- 8+ years of accounting experience in a software/SaaS business, required
- Experience driving accounting processes, reporting, and systems in support of startup environment
- Demonstrated success collaborating with stakeholders in Finance, Legal, Services and Sales and an ability to continuously improve processes and develop efficiencies.
- Experience in developing and improving financial systems which produce useful operating metrics.
- Advanced quantitative skills with a passion for using data to drive better decision-making
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail
- Big 4 Audit Experience