Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
The Controller will be responsible for the consolidation, reporting and analysis of various internal and external financial statements. The Controller will also be responsible for the accounting and reporting of Agero and our subsidiaries including cash and debt activity, fixed assets management, M&A purchase accounting, internal controls, as well as the development and mentoring of the accounting team.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Leads, coaches and develops associates involved in financial reporting, general accounting, and accounts payable and claims disbursements.
- Oversee a timely and accurate monthly financial close and prepare significant portions of internal and external reporting. Analysis of general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly consolidated and consolidating financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Support development of key accounting systems, processes and analyses.
- Support equity administration and investments.
- Support, manage, and mentor accounting staff.
- Manage the financial statement audits and banking administration and relationships.
- Manage audit process to ensure timely submission of all documentation and proper responses for questions raised by external auditors.
- Document accounting policies and procedures, and conduct and document accounting research when needed, to ensure company financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP.
- Financial accounting assistance to support M&A activity.
- Provide technical accounting expertise (e.g., revenue recognition, leases, M&A, investments, software development, SAAS, tax, etc.)
- Maintain regulatory compliance with state governments surrounding the motor club licenses
- Provide audit and filing assistance to tax department
- Implements and periodically validates appropriate internal controls throughout the company (e.g. claims disbursements, P/R)
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all financial statement line items.
Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Bachelors degree or equivalentexperience.CPA required. MBA or Masters degree in related field preferre
- Knowledge & Experience:
- 8+ years of related experience preferred with at least 5 years of progressively increasing project or management experience and responsibilities.
- Strong public/private background including 3-5 years of public accounting,
- 7+years of progressive accounting experience in a complex, global environment
- Domestic and international consolidations of multiple subsidiaries
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards, best practices, internal controls and GAAP.
- Excellent project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required.Proficiency in MS Access
- Working knowledge of Oracle Financials and/or other Tier 1 accounting systems.
Complexity:Self directed individual with supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Detail oriented, organized, conscientious, strong written and oral communication skills, and strong analytical ability.
May require travel, additional hours and duties.