At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
We are looking for a Contract Lead to join our fast-paced, customer-centric legal team. As a legal specialist, you will support the US-based Purchasing team with administrative needs and customer support. You will be hands-on with reviewing and redlining all vendor contracts, including services and nondisclosure agreements. You will report to the Senior Manager, Purchasing and assist with the review of complex issues as needed.
We are looking for a non-attorney contract specialist based out of any location on the east coast. Experience with commercial lease agreements and/or corporate insurance is a huge plus!
What You'll Do
- Review and redline vendor contracts, including services and non-disclosure
- Manage purchasing review requests from review request through the execution stage, including the maintenance of the contracts database
- Verify contractual details for accuracy
- Process standard template agreements for signature and entry into contracts database
- Work with internal clients and other stakeholders to define requirements for purchasing agreements
- Monitor Purchasing Inbox to ensure all requests and new inquiries are resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinate with Finance team and other stakeholders, to include routine reporting and response to requests
- Other ad hoc projects may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in-house at a tech company or similar fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of experience with reviewing, redlining, and negotiating commercial contracts
- Knowledge of legal terminology, concepts, and procedures, and a general understanding of purchasing processes
- Experience using a contracts database and electronic filing system
- Self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce high-quality work
- Strong communicator who ensures confidentiality and acts with discretion at all times
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe
Nice to Have
- Experience with commercial lease agreements and/or corporate insurance
- Paralegal certificate
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Flexible PTO policy
- Flexibility to work remotely
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
More Jobs From