Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity withAI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question Am I under attack? proactively, without manual effort.
We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employee for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold#UBU.
Cybereason is looking for a highly motivated Vice-President, Legalto manage Cybereasons Legal Group. Reporting to the CFO, this person will oversee multiple areas to include: corporate governance, compliance, commercial contracts, intellectual property strategy, licensing of SaaS both domestically and internationally, and tax. This individual will partner very closely with the Sales organization, finance organization and will assist the company in closing revenue transactions.
This person will also maintain contracting policies including escalation and approval procedures for non-standard terms, assist the sales force with ongoing administration of client contracts, advise management on contractual terms and risks, and provide training to sales and other departments on contract issues and negotiation strategies. You need to be proficient at using your judgment and making sound decisions quickly to facilitate deal execution while minimizing risk to Cybereason. Identifying trends in sales and customer product and contract customization requests is critical. This critical intelligence can help Cybereason review and adapt product offerings to meet evolving client needs.
- Manage company transactions and outside counsel.
- Provide counsel on corporate governance related matters and corporate structure.
- Structure, draft, negotiate and advise upon general business transactions to include sales contracts ranging from standard contracts to one-off, complex, high-dollar-value transactions. Our goal is to move contracts to completion in as promptly a manner as possible while staying focused on protecting the interests of the Company.
- Revise, update and maintain the master service, non-disclosure, and other standard form agreements; perform regular internal reviews of existing legacy contracts and ensuring legal and policy compliance.
- Collaborate with various business functions in connection with driving deal negotiations.
- Provide counsel to the executive team on a range of compliance, risk management and corporate governance matters.
- Review employment agreements, any employment-related documents and assist with employment legal matters as needed.
- Post signing contract management, including amendments to existing contracts, business team support and counsel.
Skills & Requirements
- J.D. degree from an accredited, top tier law school and a valid Bar Admission to a US State; Massachusetts State Bar highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting a sales team to draft and negotiate Enterprise-level contracts.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience including prior in-house experience at a licensing or technology company required; Startup experience highly preferred.
- Experience with corporate governance and corporate structure related matters.
- Experience with commercial contract terms and conditions with particular emphasis on the protection of intellectual property, confidentiality and minimizing liabilities and risks.
- Experience with conducting and managing due diligence teams in M&A and equity transactions, as well as drafting related transactional documents.
- Ability to prioritize and undertake mission critical tasks, providing exceptional service to various stakeholders.
- Concisely and effectively advise management of contract risk associated with certain arrangements when appropriate.
- Self-starter who understands executing with urgency, and the ability to comfortably work in an intensely deadline-oriented environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential requirements for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, as well as a team player attitude; experience with cross-cultural communication a plus.
- Flexible, able to adapt to changes and different challenges in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Excellent and proactive communicator.
MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM
We want diverse skill sets and smart people, so we can learn from each other and solve interesting/difficult problems. We don't just click the same buttons over and over. We work both independently and collaboratively with the common goal of achieving excellence and never being satisfied with mediocrity.
MORE ABOUT THE PERKS
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and soda), work from home options, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k and more.