CONTRACT HR Business Partner
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are the industry leader in this space, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments to large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe. With over 500 employees around the world, we have worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration.
Brightcove is looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our Human Resources team as a contractor for 5-6 months starting as soon as possible! Assigned to specific departments with a strong focus on our sales organization, the HRBP plays a key role in supporting our department leaders and their teams through strategy, execution, and performance management. This person will use their strong communication skills and business acumen to advise and assist their internal customers.
If you are an empathetic, collaborative person with a strong interest in supporting employees in a changing, global environment, then we want to talk to you!
- Partner with all levels of leadership, providing HR guidance to drive employee engagement and organizational effectiveness
- Conduct meetings with assigned departments and leaders on an ongoing basis to discuss and strategize the best way to support business and professional development needs
- Provide guidance to manage and resolve employee relations issues as they arise
- Review and analyze business metrics such as retention, attrition and employee survey scores in order to recommend departmental and company-wide improvements
- Guide leadership in team and individual development, compensation review, and goal setting on an ongoing basis
- Support annual merit review and equity refresh process
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase effectiveness and retention
- Understand and enforce existing and future governmental and labor laws
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Complete other HR team special projects as needed
- 6-10+ years of HR Business Partner experience, preferably in a high change environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high change environment
- High personal standards of excellence, commitment, and integrity while respecting confidentiality
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!