829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. Our projects and team members have received recognition from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations and more. We're proud to be working with Stanley Black & Decker, OARS, Micato Safaris, Hilton Hotels, REI, Leave No Trace and many more.
829 Studios is seeking a Senior Content Strategist who sets the strategic foundation of website projects by expertly balancing the needs of clients and their audiences through valuable, conversion-oriented website architecture and content. By collaborating with clients and the agency's in-house team of designers, developers, producers and account managers, you formulate a successful foundation for website architecture and ensure that it's upheld throughout waterfall and agile processes.
As part of our Experience Design & Strategy Team, you will conduct user and competitive research, then translate your insights into brand and project goals. From there, you craft thorough sitemaps and information architecture guidelines that can be presented clearly and persuasively to clients and stakeholders. This position involves consistent client contact, and you are confident in owning presentations and deliverables.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop relationships with clients. You know everything about your clients' goals, personalities and priorities. You prepare thorough questions and synthesize the insights into innovative human-centered content strategies.
- Do the research. Conduct competitive and user research through workshops, user testing, exercises, surveys, and any other format that gets you the insights you need.
- Create the architectural foundation of large-scale websites. Create sitemaps that account for all pages on a website. Support your sitemap with user flow diagrams and page-specific content outlines when appropriate. For templated pages, account for all fields/data that will comprise a page.
- Write conversion-oriented copy. While this is not a copywriting position, you should be able to produce content outlines and make copy suggestions when appropriate for both headlines and calls-to-action.
- Manage and grow a team. Mentor and coach other team members within the Experience Design & Strategy Team. Review the work of others and provide meaningful feedback.
- Maintain best practices. Ensure that protocols are being followed. Evolve processes, offerings, deliverable formats and when you see opportunities to make improvements.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least five years of experience in a full-service digital agency is required. While we will consider candidates with in-house experience, an agency background is preferred.
- A portfolio that clearly exhibits the ability to conduct research and translate your findings into extensive website architecture documentation like sitemaps and user flows.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- The ability to problem-solve, confidently make decisions and lead projects with empathy and authority.
- A firm understanding of how websites are built using waterfall and agile processes, and the awareness to collaborate with designers, developers and other personnel when necessary.
- An understanding of integrated digital marketing and its various components. The foresight and understanding to loop in additional marketing disciplines beyond web when appropriate.
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Commuter Benefits. Allocate pre-tax funds towards your commute to save up to 40% per year in transportation expenses.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.
- Free Lunch & Breakfast. We offer a fully paid family lunch and breakfast once per week.
More Jobs From