ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. Were backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
The Content specialist is responsible for the creation, curation, and communication of knowledge resources for the Customer Service organization. This role will coordinate with stakeholders internal and external to Customer Service, to ensure both new and changed instruction is disseminated appropriately to all ninja teams, including the development of written and visual materials to facilitate the process. This position will work closely with Enablement, Training, Instructional Design, CS Leadership Operations, Leads, and QA.
- Design and implement strategy to optimize the knowledge base in support of meeting and exceeding operational and internal goals and metrics.
- Own and optimize the weekly process of communicating and publishing new procedures to Customer Service employees across multiple knowledge base platforms.
- Audit and manage knowledge base ticketing system (Zendesk and Answer Bot) for improved accessibility to the most up-to-date information.
- Ensure prompt communication with all stakeholders, subject matter experts and learners who submit knowledge base ticket requests.
- Escalate ticket requests from special teams to the Enablement team to advise on any process changes and collaborate to maximize the quality of content shared with Ninjas.
- Partner with Instructional Designers to contribute to storyboards and incorporate process update tickets into the pre-existing course catalog.
- Work with QA and Enablement to act on any identified gaps in training success and guarantee Ninja accountability.
- Support the Training team by informing on recommended updates to curriculum and resources for new hires based on knowledge base data trends.
- Facilitate post-training interviews, usability sessions and subject matter interviews to identify and document key themes emerging from these activities for future improvements to disseminating knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams in a virtual environment.
- Understanding of organizational and instructional tools such as Zendesk, Rise, and Confluence (or similar tools).
- Adept in audio and video editing.
- Knowledge of and practical application of learning and instructional design principles.
- Experience with project management, process improvement, and data analysis.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of independence, balance multiple projects in development concurrently, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience, ideally related to learning and development, education/teaching, enablement, or internal support service.
- Top notch professional and technical writing skills.
- Some understanding of different learning styles.
- A strong team player attitude & passion for trying new approaches to creating solutions.
- Know how to motivate and inspire teams to aim high in a generalist leadership role.
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.