THIS IS A REMOTE CONTRACTED POSITION. Engagement: 30-40 hours per week for three months to start; could be renewed.
Over the past year, content marketing has become a key part of edXs marketing strategy. As part of the brand team, this contracted Content Marketing Strategist will help ideate and create content to support our growing masters degree program portfolio.
The assets you generate will help connect our diverse audiences with valuable content that addresses their needs, challenges, and motivations, and will be integrated into marketing campaigns and strategies across product marketing and digital marketing.
The Brand Marketing team at edX is responsible for driving and leading the global brands marketing strategy for all products across the edX business, including maintaining consistent global brand voice and communications efforts across all of our key audience groups. Our Senior Director of Brand heads up the team, which is home to our communications, content marketing, social media, and creative services. This role reports into edXs Content Marketing Manager.
- Acquire knowledge of edX masters degree programs diverse audiences and competitive landscape to inform insightful content pieces
- Work closely with our Content Marketing Manager to understand our content strategy and goals and meet editorial calendar deadlines
- Concept and write compelling blog content
- Perform keyword research and optimize posts for search
- Help perform content analysis and create reports that measure success
- Work with marketing colleagues to adapt and integrate content pieces and strategy into various campaigns and channels: email, social, etc.
- Excellent writing skills across long and short form
- Marketing or communications experience
- Enthusiasm for learning and writing about complex topics - career pathways and skills in fields like data science and computer science, corporate learning, higher education, etc.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.