About the Role
The Content Marketing Managers mission is to maximize lead generation and revenue growth by overseeing the creation, execution, and delivery of compelling, educational content across all our channels.
You will play a key role in the success of our inbound and outbound marketing campaigns. Youll write and edit copy for short-form and long-form content to support digital campaigns and educate our prospects. Youll be technically savvy so you can translate complex product concepts into the business language of buyers for product content like feature sheets. But, youll also use your creative writing skills to enthusiastically champion our products and tell the Validity story. Along the way, youll be a project manager tracking the progress of your deliverables, and youll think analytically about how to improve your results from qualitative and quantitative data. Youll manage at least one other writer as you execute your content marketing strategy.
To succeed at Validity, youll need to execute quickly and be comfortable with change, but you should also not be afraid to take a step back and ask questions to align strategy with tactics. You should love finding just the right way to educate a target audience with meaningful, engaging information, not hyperbolic marketing fluff. You should think from the buyers perspective to answer, So what? Most importantly, you should be interested in frequently experimenting, constantly improving, and not being afraid to make mistakes. Youll work with a team of like-minded individuals who are learning more every day.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and execute the companys content marketing strategy
- Author thought-provoking content short blog posts, bylines, case studies, ebooks, and white papers to support digital campaigns
- Coordinate content from other internal and external contributors
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the demand generation, product marketing, sales, sales enablement, product management, and public relations teams to plan and schedule supporting content
- Become a subject matter expert for our portfolio of software products
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- Experience writing and editing marketing and sales materials to translate technical concepts into buyer realities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience working with a small team
- Ability to travel as needed (post-pandemic, less than 10% per year)
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, communications, or software-related technology field
- 4+ years experience in content creation
- Experience managing and mentoring other team members
- Experience with the tech industry, especially email marketing
- Experience with B2B and Software as a Service