Content Director - Programming Languages
The Content Director is responsible for managing and leading a team to build and execute on select content strategies. You will train, coach, and manage a team that builds content plans and learning experiences through curation and acquisition of multimodal content using our enterprise learning framework as a guide. You may chair an OReillys OSCON which includes curating the conference program, and shaping the overall attendee experience.
The role will focus on building outstanding learning content for our platform, events, and book publishing channels. You will have a deep understanding of the domain areas, the opportunities they present and sharp analytical skills to measure content performance with an eye toward continuous improvement to increase customer engagement. This position reports to the Vice President.
You will take the lead in managing and coaching a team to acquire new content, grow our talent network, and identify opportunities for growth. You will insure the content developed by your team is consistently of high quality, reflecting OReillys point of view.
- Chair OReillys OSCON
- Maintain, develop and expand the OReilly content program by overseeing all acquisition, talent network building and maintenance and development work of an editorial team
- Work closely with the learning experience team to provide OReilly assets for curated products and curriculum
- Work closely with Vice President to assess and improve upon content strategy
- Set the direction and orchestrate all content plans in the domain
- Analyze and act on performance metrics for all content types
- Recommend and lead editorial efforts to pilot new content models
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of editors
- Work with other content directors to improve process and communication across all of content
You are a continuous learner, self-starter and problem solver with strong project management and relationship management skills. You enjoy learning, leading, coaching, and helping team members build their own skills to succeed. You have familiarity or willingness to learn the subject matter domains for the programs you will manage. You have a solid understanding and appreciation of the business goals and are a masterful relationship manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven acquisition record
- Management experience
- Ability to develop and execute on a content strategy
- Desire to grow individual team members
- Strong understanding of the business visual, goals, and strategies
- Effective written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to unravel particularly thorny content problems
- Ability to discern what makes a good learning experience, both in terms of audience and market requirements and the quality of a proposal
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to write clearly and accurately on technical subject matter
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, vendors, multimedia developers, project managers, marketing managers, and sales reps
- Ability to maintain high professional standards in interacting with othersinside and outside of the companyat all times.