Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome.
Heres what you need to know. Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether its with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. Thats why were always hiringwe need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
As a Content Designer on Hudls Design team, youll be responsible for the words appearing in Hudls tools, ultimately contributing to a more effective, cohesive user experience. Youll work closely alongside product designers, product managers, information architects and marketing managers to craft clear messaging throughout the product, advocating for content design and the importance of language in every interaction.
The Content Designer has a solid understanding of good content strategy, thrives in Scrum, and clearly communicates feedbackon copy and design decisions. You should have a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to both think and write clearly and strategically.
- Laser-focused on the user. You ground messaging in the users language and make sure youre giving them the right information at the right time.
- A designeryour medium is just words instead of visuals. You practice design thinking and understand how to balance creativity with business needs.
- Obsessed with writing. You know when to use an em dash over a semicolon and how infer is different from imply.
- Detail-oriented. From button copy to tagging schema, you weigh every decisions impact on the overall experience.
- Self-sufficient. You take the days tasks and prioritize accordingly, never backing down from tough to-dos, but comfortable asking for help when needed.
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty. Youll jump in at any stage of the design process to get more context and provide necessary feedback.
- Inquisitive. You know which questions to ask for a better understanding of the project and how content design can help.
- Great with communication. Your input is thoughtful and deliberate, always delivered in a timely and concise manner.
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers or work solo to solve user problems in creative, data-driven, innovative ways.
- Work on multiple projects at once, using that cross-team vantage point to ensure coherence across different parts of the product.
- Create artifacts (messaging frameworks, content flows, etc.) to effectively and efficiently communicate your thinking to stakeholders.
- Provide copy for all stages of the process, from brainstorming to wireframes to final screens.
- Work closely with other content producers across Hudl to ensure consistency of content across all touchpoints, from marketing to sales to support.
- Help shape the practice of content design at Hudl, displaying its value through your work and evolving processes that continue to optimize how we work as a team.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done and take a break when you need it. Use your unlimited vacation when and how you want, including extended parental leave for both moms and dads.
- Give you what you need. We will supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and advocate for inclusion.