Consulting Systems Engineer (Chief Engineer)
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
What you will do:
To be a successful Chief, Systems Engineer (CSE) you have developed two distinct capabilities as a result of extensive experience in new product development of complex systems:
1- Technical depth and breadth
2- Technical leadership of cross functional teams
Based on your experience, you have a strong working knowledge of the technologies and subsystems that make up a mobile, navigating, connected robot.
For technologies that are new to you, you have the skills to quickly ramp up through engagement with Subject Matter Experts to the point of leading in trades and driving decisions. You have a strong technical voice.
You are highly respected, and your team looks to you to provide technical direction.
You lead by example, and you provide direction through a combination of leadership, collaboration and buy-in. You have the experience to find good solutions for tough situations.
- Broad and deep technical knowledge including many of the following topics related to robot sub-systems: drive trains & motion control, power systems & batteries, navigation, optical sensors, Wi-Fi, processors, electrical architecture and software.
- Proven, skilled leadership of cross functional teams
- Experience in mobile robots and / or robotics
- Extensive experience (15+ years) in new product development including success and failures
- BS in one of the core disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, Software) and a solid working knowledge of the other two
- MS preferred
- Experience in high volume consumer products and Far East manufacturing
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated systems thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Ideal qualifications and experience:
- High volume consumer products
- Far East manufacturing
- Working knowledge of software architectures
- Embedded systems
- Software programming
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded by MIT roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 20 million robots and globally employ more than 600 of the robot industry’s best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, accessible by our corporate shuttle directly from Alewife Station. We also have offices in California, Europe, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram: @irobotcareers
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer