Owl Labs is hiring a Computer Vision Engineer to join our diverse development team. The ideal candidate has strong experience developing computer vision algorithms for use in unconstrained environments. Bonus if you also love developing robotics algorithms that can use the output of computer vision algorithms (and others) to build world models and make autonomous high-level decisions.
Owl Labs' mission is to solve a problem we've all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they've ever seen.
In this role, you will impact some of the company's most important product development goals.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency in C++ and C, and ability to develop clean well-documented modular code
- Experience with OpenCV
- Experience developing in Linux environment
- Strong engineering test & debug skills for complex real-time systems
- Experience with version control and bug tracking systems
- Strong communication skills, appreciation of documentation, and co-worker & customer empathy
Nice to Haves:
- 5+ years professional computer vision experience
- Interest & experience developing robotics-style models and algorithms (beyond CV)
- Experience developing for mobile-class SOC
- Experience developing consumer-type products
- Strong git skills
Owl Labs is ~30% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application.
More Jobs From