Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $500M in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. Were sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 11 cities and 3 continents. Thrasio develops and sells over 6,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories, putting the company in the top 25 Amazon sellers. At Thrasio, were reimagining, innovating, and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way ecommerce is done. If this sounds exciting to you, lets talk.
We are seeking a high performing, strategic minded individual to join our organization in a newly established Compliance Director role. This role will report directly to the General Counsel and will have the unique opportunity to build out, lead and oversee the compliance function as well as the key compliance programs and initiatives of this rapidly growing global company.
What You Will Do
- Provide overall leadership for the compliance function and team of professionals, including adding resources as needed to stay ahead of the growing business
- Establish and maintain the companys written compliance policies and protocols
- Develop/enhance, implement and maintain compliance programs and templates
- Monitor developments in all areas of relevant compliance as well as federal, state and foreign jurisdiction laws and update policies and procedures accordingly
- Build relationships and partner with business leaders to ensure understanding of compliance programs and to help them incorporate compliance into everyday operations
- Anticipate and identify potential issues and needs of the company and develop and recommend solutions
- Establish compliance metrics and develop a tracking system
- Conduct regular compliance audits to determine whether established protocols are being followed and where they can be improved
- Support the development of and assist in providing companywide training programs
- Create compliance resource library for staff members to reference when they have questions
- Lead and mentor team members to maximize their professional development
- Proactively provide feedback to members of your team
What You Bring to the Table
- Juris Doctor degree
- 8+ years of broad US and global compliance experience, including building and implementing programs
- 5+ years of direct people/team management including all HR responsibilities such as performance reviews, development coaching, and job task alignment
- Extensive experience in a consumer products company
- Direct experience and deep knowledge of the rules & regulations of the FDA, EPA, FTC, FCC and other US agencies as well as equivalent international counterparts
- Affable and engaging internal business partnering approach
- Comfortable presenting to all levels of the organization and conducting training sessions
Nice to Have, but Not Required
- Experience with compliance programs focused on data protection, FCPA and other general compliance initiatives a strong plus
- E-commerce experience preferred with Amazon FBA experience optimal
- EU & APAC compliance experience
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.