Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte Fast 500. We help small businesses spend less time finding capital and more time helping their customers and growing their businesses. Our mission is to create a world-class fintech company so that our customers and our people can reach their full potential. We accomplish this by investing in our people, technology, and customer experience with long-term success in mind. Forward Financing promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do.
As Compliance Counsel, you will largely concentrate on compliance matters but also assist with a variety of other general legal matters depending on the day-to-day needs of the legal department. You will play an important role in designing, building out, and implementing the companys internal and external compliance strategies and processes. You will report to the Senior Counsel and collaborate frequently with other attorneys and legal staff, as well as other employees in different departments throughout the company.
In this role you will:
- Assist the Senior Counsel in the further development, implementation, and enforcement of company policies and procedures designed to mitigate risk.
- Work closely with other business units across the company, including training employees on compliance initiatives.
- Assist with monitoring and tracking marketing and other communications.
- Stay up to date on new statutes, regulations, case law, and best practices, and incorporate these into the companys compliance program.
- Assist with maintaining comprehensive policy binder containing all policies/written protocols that reflect the companys work on building an A+ compliance program.
- Negotiate NDAs, data privacy agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Maintain the companys contract management system.
- Provide recommendations to senior attorneys and management regarding potential solutions to compliance issues as they arise.
- Provide assistance on various other general matters within the legal department.
- 1-2 years of experience as an attorney.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior attorneys, management, fellow employees and external counsel.
- Ability to break down complicated laws and regulations into understandable and approachable language.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to work independently.
- Effective in a fast-paced environment.
Forward Financing Core Values:
- People First We build relationships and genuinely care about each other.
- We Before Me We prioritize team success over individual success.
- Be Candid We are authentic, transparent, and direct.
- Do the Right Thing We act with integrity and we dont cut corners.
- Relentless Improvement We push ourselves, never settling for the best we did yesterday.
- Be Positive We are optimistic, assume positive intent.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based fintech company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. With a simple online application, business owners can trust that Forward Financing works to get them approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $1 billion in financing to more than 26,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Forward Financing has been consistently named by Boston Business Journal and Built in Boston as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward Financing actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We are committed to creating a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By embracing diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 100 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something youd like to be a part of, learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with a flexible time off policy, 401k match, gym reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
When we arent busy with a Zoom meeting, supporting our customers, or working on a project, you can likely find us taking part in a scavenger hunt, getting overly competitive in a trivia game, or celebrating our team wins together!