Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. As a global employer, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we strongly encourage candidates that are historically underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Who you are
You bring combined research, analytics and strategy expertise and work in partnership with teams across the organization to uncover market, customer and competitive insights that advise short and long-term business decisions. This is an opportunity for an experienced insights professional to help craft and execute a variety of research and analysis activities to uncover insights that will ultimately fuel business growth.
You are an insatiably curious marketing and insights professional with the keen passion to stay apprised of the most relevant competitive insights AND are data oriented to seek out compelling market insights from client performance data and industry data to help position our wellbeing and health solutions in the most differentiating manner with our target audience.
You have healthcare, technology, wellbeing or some other related industry experience that can directly contribute to the fast-pace environment of Virgin Pulse.
Competitive insights is critical for effective go-to-market and sales acceleration. You will be at the center of our strategy for capturing and packaging competitive information for a successful go-to-market strategy. You will have a deep technical understanding of our product portfolio and the competitive landscape. Using exceptional communication skills and the ability to distill information, you will create compelling messaging for the sales team on competitive offerings. You will be a resident expert on Virgin Pulse products and competition and will become a trusted advisor for all things related to competitive information.
You are data-driven and a creative Marketing professional who is looking to join an exciting and expanding Marketing team. You will be part of the team driving go to market success initiatives and enabling the organization to scale. This role requires the ability to think strategically and translate market and industry trends, into practical product positioning, collateral, and effective marketing execution. This position is the dream job for an ambitious marketing professional looking to have a big impact!
Success in this role will be driven by a balance of marketing strategy and execution, go-to-market, demand generation, and overall partnership across the matrix organizations.
In the role of Competitive Intelligence and Insights Manager you will wear many hats and your attention to details will be crucial.
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be especially essential in the following:
- Translate data into meaningful recommendations and implications focused on business action and clearly communicate to business partners
- Integrate data/insights from multiple sources (quantitative & qualitative studies, customer transaction data, and website activity) to advise strategic recommendations for the business
- Build compelling content including competitive decks, battle cards, SWOT analysis, competitive positioning/messaging, sales plays at a product and platform level, win/loss analysis.
- Build a deep understanding of Virgin Pulse products, competition, and how the competition and Virgin Pulse stack against each other.
- Always be on a lookout for any competitive information and share it with the team regularly.
- Partner with sales and resident experts to crowdsource competitive information, trends observed in sales conversations, and leverage this information and package it for the broader team.
- Enable sales team on competitive information and participate in the competitive bake-off to help accelerate the sales cycle.
- Comfortable with operating under tight timelines and have a sense of urgency to consume information and distribute appropriately.
What you bring to the team
- Confidence in interacting with product and marketing leadership to drive a point of view around the future of the product and go-to-market campaigns
- Strong background in messaging cloud-based healthcare products, writing compelling stories and establishing competitive differentiation
- Solid technical knowledge foundation with the ability to translate technical content into business value for internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in creating content for marketing materials for demand generation campaigns, data sheets, press releases and other promotional collateral and communications
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA a plus
- 5+ years marketing experience with at least 2 years in a hands-on competitive and client insights role inside a B2B SaaS technology company
- Experience in the healthcare and wellness marketplace preferred but not necessary
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and a hands-on/execution capacity
- Strength in working with cross-functional teams including executive management, product management, customer success, operations, sales and marketing
- You need an eye for detail. Two of the mandates in our marketing team is 'Ask Why' and 'How can we do it better?' As the person spearheading competitive and client insights summaries and reports, we need you to be experienced at creating assets that are world class.
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.