Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage-breed pork, wild-caught Alaskan salmon, and wild-caught scallops directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
Who You Are
The Community Specialist will sit on our Brand/Marketing team and report to Social Media Manager. They will work together to monitor, manage, and maintain various communities across various platforms to create a member obsessed environment that supports brand awareness, loyalty and retention. This role will collaborate with our customer service team to continue to lead and improve our social media customer care programs.
Our ideal candidate is someone with immaculate grammar and communication skills, experience with customer service and experience with forum moderation. At ButcherBox, we are member obsessed, and so we are seeking a warm and diplomatic individual who understands how to provide exceptional service while problem solving issues related to our members.
- Lead the way for Community Engagement initiatives, including regularly updating social media responses to members that drives engagement, trust and loyalty
- Create a welcoming space in our online communities by moderating content and making sure code of conduct and guidelines are being followed
- Support social media, brand and customer support by owning day to day management of public review sites, assisting with messaging and seeking ways to relentlessly improve our membership program based on trends and spikes in complaints/reviews
- Work directly with the Social Response Team relaying marketing, member experience and operational updates to the team -- run a weekly team meeting to understand key events and provide additional training
- Work closely with the Social Response Team to develop, provide, and analyze macro responses that relate to memberships, products and operational questions
- Handle approval requests and post requests in our highly engaged Facebook Group
- Find opportunities for continuous improvement for how ButcherBox communicates within its member communities
- Contribute to reporting by providing member sentiment and member trends
- Provide key insights to our Social Media team to advise campaign strategy
- Monitor member activity across all channels to understand our members and provide key insights to marketing, member experience and support teams
- Help support special projects for organic social media
- 2+ in a customer service or member experience role
- 1+ year experience in a social media role
- Experience in crafting public facing messaging for online review and online community sites
- Strong relationship, grammar and communication skills
- Experience with Sprout Social, Buffer, Hootsuite or additional social media management platforms
- Experience with creating weekly reports and extracting key insights from data points
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across departments as a teammate who connects the dots and makes an impact on the business
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (including Teams)
- Experience with ZenDesk
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. All of our thoughts and actions revolve around the lenses of our core values, which are accountable, authentic, humble, relentless improvement, and member-obsessed. We also value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, employee stock options, and an annual discretionary performance bonus
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for gym membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More Jobs From