Office Tour Photos
The Communications Manager is a critical role within the Strategy & Consulting team, supporting customers’ program launches and ongoing success, by creating pre-launch anticipation and enthusiasm, inspiring company-wide early adoption, and motivating employees post-launch to integrate recognition and performance development into their daily work lives.
The Communications Manager works in close collaboration with the team’s operational consultants to support customers’ internal, employee communication and training campaigns that support customers’ recognition program launches and ongoing success.
This role also works in close partnership with Workhuman®’s Customer Success team, providing consultation and direct production support to drive program adoption through innovative and effective internal communications campaigns for our most strategic customers.
If you are a smart, talented and hard-working individual who has demonstrated talent for planning and executing effective employee communications and training campaigns and as well as a love for technology and continuously innovating new approaches, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to: Principal Consultant
Location: Framingham, MA
What You will be Doing:
In collaboration with operational consultants, production artists and internal or agency design partners, define and create effective internal communications campaigns and training approaches to support customers’ Workhuman Cloud programs:
- Develop high-quality, compelling written and visual communications and training content to be used as samples and templates in support of our customers’ program launch campaigns, including presentations, videos, emails, newsletter/intranet articles, user guides, screencasts, print/digital visual assets, and promotional collateral
- Manage and build a customer resource library of communications and training materials, ensuring content is well organized and assets reflect latest product enhancements and innovative approaches to employee communications
- Serve as a subject matter expert in employee communications, sharing ideas and expertise to further progressive, innovative thinking within Workhuman and with customers that reflects industry trends and ongoing product evolution
- Develop and execute communications plans and facilitate project meetings to guide customers through aspects of their program launches or ongoing promotional campaigns and develop tools to enable operational consultants to do the same
- Collaborate on the planning, production, and editing of short promotional videos, including drafting scripts, coordinating shoot schedules with customer and production crew, and overseeing post-production efforts
- Create launch portfolios, showcasing customer stories and our creative capabilities as well as slideware conveying best practices, thought leadership, research findings, etc.
- Oversee day-to-day responsibilities of design team members, ensuring customer deliverables meet quality standards and projects are completed on time
- Other related duties and project as assigned
- Periodic travel to customer sites to staff launch events and other promotional events, support video shoots, attend planning meetings, etc.; occasional support before or after standard business hours to service our global customers
The Skills You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, or Journalism preferred
- 7+ years professional experience in an internal, employee-facing communications role or consulting role specializing in employee and/or HR communications
- Exceptional project management skills; ability to prioritize and delegate projects to meet the business goals
- Experience managing a small team of direct reports and working with external agencies and vendors
- Superior writing and editing skills with proven versatility in developing copy for various audiences and mediums
- Clear understanding of how to translate data and concepts into compelling visuals
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute large-scale, internal communications plans in support of company-wide initiatives
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines and work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Word
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Who We Are:
Culture creators. Visionaries. Innovators. Game changers and changemakers. A Unicorn or two … That’s who we are at Workhuman®. We love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work – and the world – through our people and global technology. We’re building cultures of gratitude and human connections for leading global brands – and that starts with our own. Here you can be yourself, learn, and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments, and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace and caring culture rooted in respect and gratitude. This is the place where you can make a positive difference to colleagues, customers, and the world every day. You might just be the next human we’re looking for – because all the things that make you human and unique are the very reasons you belong here!
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests
More Jobs From