Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is looking for an experienced communications leader and self-starter that is an exceptional storyteller and writer. The person in this role will help lead key public relations programs and drive consistency and cohesion of all product and thought leadership communications globally, including all planning, execution, and deliverables. Collaborating closely with the communications team, CMO, product marketing, and market owners, you will roll up your sleeves drive all content creation and execution, including but not limited to press releases, bylined articles, customer case studies, blogs, video scripts, infographics, and white papers. You will play a critical role in elevating Veevas brand awareness and affinity with our customers, reporting to the vice president of corporate communications.
What Youll Do
- Help drive global communications strategies and plans, including developing pitches and stories, leading product launches, creating campaigns, and executing across multiple channels.
- Manage relationships with our PR agency teams to set our global communications calendar and define audience engagement strategies and vehicles that will support our goals.
- Drive thought leadership to help build company awareness across our commercial business.
- Create original content and oversee execution of various communications activities, including press releases, bylined articles, customer case studies, blogs, video scripts, and whitepapers.
- Collaborate closely with product marketing, customer marketing, and field marketing to create original content and copy write, edit, and proofread other content as needed.
- Help repurpose and integrate content for multiple channels and ensure that messaging and stories are coherent and consistent across multiple types of content.
- Develop and institute communications protocols, best practices, and processes that will drive greater efficiencies in how we work and operate as a global communications team.
- 8+ years of experience that includes PR agency and in-house communications roles
- Bachelors in Journalism, Marketing, PR, English, Communications or related field
- Exceptional ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely
- An exceptional storyteller that knows how to mine for great stories
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details, and driving results
- Track record creating thought leadership in the technology sector
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to influence at all levels
- Knack for translating complex topics into compelling, digestible stories
- Deep experience executing coordinated, company-wide communications strategies
- Uncanny ability to connect the dots across multiple initiatives
- Superb organizational, project, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to repurpose content into multiple content types for distribution in many channels
- Strong spirit of collaboration and proven ability to work across different groups
- Can give feedback thoughtfully and receive it gracefully
- Passion for creating excellent, high-quality deliverables
- Highly self-motivated and results-driven with a can-do attitude
Nice to Have
- Enterprise software and SaaS experience
- Corporate communications role in a similar size company or larger
- Executive communications experience with C-level execs
- Strong business acumen and quantitative analytical skills
Perks & Beenefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.