Simplisafe is looking for a Senior Communication Designer as we scale our Design team. In this role, you will help design our next generation of Simplisafe branded home security products. This role is a great opportunity to influence and contribute to a new Design team.
We are in the midst of an aggressive hiring plan to fill our needs as we prepare for our next steps as a company. The Product Design team is a primary focus and our Head of Product Design will be building his team from the ground up. As such, you will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact on Simplisafes product design and you will be in a great position to grow within the department as Simplisafe continues to expand.
Today, we are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever-growing IoT home automation security space, we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, we are expanding our Product Design team to produce the most cutting-edge designs on the market for our future products.
What youll do:
- Design the look and feel of digital and printed experiences
- Ensure designs are in line with Simplisafe brand across all touchpoints with customers
- Guide digital teams and visual design and design consistency
- Develop graphic design ideas for research
- Collaborate with design and multidisciplinary teams
- Create and refine design projects through all levels of fidelity to help team determine design direction
What youll need to be successful:
- Ability to build compelling visual experiences for screens (apps, web) and print (Out-of-box experience, retail)
- Communication Skills: You understand the value of design and brand within a business context
- Fluency in the software InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects, and Keynote.
- Additional skills in photography, printmaking, etc are a plus
- 3+ years graphic design experience
- Bachelors degree in graphic design, new media, or an equivalent degree
- Experience in concept ideation, brand design, and design strategy
- Demonstrated ability in working with designers from different backgrounds and integrating your design ideas with theirs
- Proven track record across a variety of media (print, product packaging, apps, retail)
If you feel that you are the person we are looking for and want to apply, please provide the following alongside your application.
Please send us a half-pager that describes where you find inspiration for your designs?
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
More Jobs From