Office Tour Photos
Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
If what youve read above rings true, maybe youve always been a Brightcover at heart. Youre humble, hungry and smart, and get a kick out of closing deals. You will be part of a close-knit (and occasionally sarcastic) team and like any great team, we support each other and occasionally have to agree to disagree, and our team is the stronger for it. We stand ready to know the Brightcove business, make quick (yet informed!) judgement calls, and have a meaningful impact on our organization.
- Structure, draft, review, negotiate and close a broad range of contracts, covering the full spectrum of what we buy and sell (and everything in between!)
- Work closely with Brightcovers in other departments as a trusted business partner to achieve business outcomes without taking on unreasonable risk
- Support the sales organization to negotiate customer contracts, understanding our customers positions and concerns and collaboratively getting deals done
- Problem solve across legal disciplines and functional areas, including product-related matters, data privacy and security, IP, HR, finance, M&A, internationalization efforts and public company reporting
- Up to 5 years of relevant experience, including meaningful experience with commercial contracts, working either in-house or at a law firm (or both!)
- Ability to structure, negotiate and close a broad range of contracts, including at least some of the following: SaaS, PaaS, professional services, licenses, etc.
- JD (or equivalent) and member of the MA Bar (or other state bar) in good standing
Would be nice-to-haves:
- Curiosity about technology and a desire to learn and impact functional areas across the company -- or even a background in business/tech
- People-person, and ability to get along with co-workers and senior executives and earn their trust
- Attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and think and act quickly while juggling varied projects
- Dedication to finding a way to get to yes while protecting the companys interests
- Common sense with uncommon levels of discipline and persistence
- Thoughtfulness about contributing to our culture and our place in the world
- Readiness to take on just about anything, and figure things out on the go!
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, incentive stock, 401k matching, generous parental leave, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off - and we expect you to use it!
We are currently all working remotely due to Covid-19, but this role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, in Fort Point harbor. The office has an open working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role is exciting to you, please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate has every experience we could wish for but if you think the role is right for you, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
More Jobs From