Salsify empowers brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf by delivering the commerce experiences consumers demand anywhere they choose to shop online. The world's biggest brands including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK use Salsify every day to stand out on the digital shelf. To date, Salsify has raised a total of $198.1 million in funding, led by Warburg Pincus, Venrock, Matrix Partners, Greenspring Associates, Underscore VC, and North Bridge.
For more information, please visit: http://www.salsify.com.
The mission of the Commerce Strategy team is to identify & capture value in partnership with our most strategic customers by building a long-term vision, business case, and roadmap to win in modern commerce. The ideal candidate for the Commerce Strategy role has experience leading large scale digital programs as an internal leader or as an external consultant. You have created and executed programs where you have not only helped paint the picture of what is possible to internal stakeholders but also drove execution to achieve the desired value and outcomes. You are confident, experienced and credible in the C-Suite, motivated to drive change and results up, down and across the organization.
Our Commerce Strategists are experts in communicating and building alignment around a long-term vision and plan for large-scale deployments of Salsify as the product experience management foundation for our highest value customers. Commerce Strategists are responsible for collaborating with pre-sales and post-sales teams in creating, defining, and driving internal and external alignment for large, unstructured, and strategic sales opportunities with new and existing accounts. Successful Commerce Strategists at Salsify have complex problem identification and problem solving skills and are strong presenters, communicators, and collaborators - with the inherent ability to influence why prospects and customers should change, and why the time is now.
Each day and customer are different within our engagements, but the following skills and qualifications are key to success in this role:
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills, with a track record of decisive decision making.
- Domain expertise in at least one of the following areas; Ecommerce, Marketing Technology, Omni-channel, Customer Experience, Technology Delivery and Operations.
- Expert level understanding of digital trends and impact to various industries. Depth and breadth of knowledge in multiple industries.
- Consistent record of delivering business value and growth.
- Entrepreneurial spirit for customer experience, business, market trends, and technology.
- Understands Salsify platform depth and breadth to influence strategic and value discussions at a management level.
- Trusted advisor both within the company as well as at client at all levels. Someone people want to work with that understands that while in a leadership position, they are not above doing any work or building any relationships needed to make the client and engagement successful.
- Ability to lead teams through influence without positional authority.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Work closely with internal sales teams and other functions to help define account strategies and prioritize sales initiatives, based on value creation potential and opportunity size
- Engage with our largest and most strategic customers and prospects to recommend new areas where Salsify can deliver value
- Facilitate internal and external workshops to discover customers' current and future business capabilities with the goal of identifying, prioritizing and measuring key business value drivers (metrics)
- Communicate with customers and prospects to build alignment around a long-term vision and technical plan for how Salsify meets and exceeds business requirements and can significant value year over year
- Build compelling business case presentations and ROI (Return on Investment) analyses aimed at accelerating, justifying, and/or expanding sales opportunities
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of both the Salsify product and our customers' specific needs
- Work closely with Sales leadership to identify and prioritize strategic product enhancements and service opportunities
- Consult on industry best practices with our Global prospects & customers as a commerce thought leader
You'll Enjoy This Role If You Have:
- You have 10+ years experience in customer-facing, problem-solving positions in fast-paced environments
- You have direct retail or brand consultation experience
- You have the ability to engage in strategic conversations and can comfortably command a room
- You can clearly and thoughtfully explain a better way forward to diverse audiences and are comfortable writing or whiteboarding solutions
- Experience with the development of executive level business cases including the following:
- Analysis of ROI and total cost of ownership.
- Alignment of business and IT strategies.
- Strategy visioning and solution impact interviews and workshops.
- Benchmarking of related customers for best practices and value achieved.
This role involves travel.
What We Have for You:
UK Benefits -
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Plan
- Healthcare Stipend
- Referral Bonuses
US Benefits -
- Competitive Salary
- 401 (k)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company provided Life Insurance and Short Term Disability as well as additional voluntary insurance elections
- FSA: Medical, Commuter, and Dependent Care
- Referral Bonuses
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on the job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a persons achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsifys mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsifys growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Chicago and remote offices around the globe. If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Salsify is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diverse perspectives yield strong and happy teams. Our employees and customers win when we have a variety of opinions and experiences. If you have a disability, require a religious accommodation or if there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable during our recruitment process, please let us know at [email protected].