Thursday, July 11th, 2019
100 Summer StreetBoston, MA 02110
This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission. As a Collections Specialist, you will perform many roles for the company including: customer service, default prevention, problem-solving, negotiating with clients, and other collection activities. The Collections Specialist is an integral part in the payment life-cycle of the company. In this role, you will form relationships with Forward Financing’s customers that need assistance in repayment. You will live up to Forward Financing’s core values and treat each customer in accordance with those core values. You will also have to utilize more difficult collections procedures for any customer that remains unresponsive to contact attempts. In this role, you will find challenge and satisfaction in helping Forward Financing’s customers complete their repayment process. In this role you will:
- Make regular, consistent collection calls and issue correspondence to past due customers to obtain payment commitment
- Respond to customer inquiries, resolve client discrepancies, process and review account adjustments
- Maintain neat, orderly documentation and collection contact files
- Manage a personal file of accounts focusing on overall delinquency recovery and maximizing efficiency
- Resolve client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying exemplary customer service in a timely manner
- Negotiate payment plans to determine why customers are delinquent and to ensure continuous repayment
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management
- Communicate with Fraud/litigation manager to recommend accounts ready for legal review
- Flag Forward Financing leadership about potential problems that could affect collections
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Resourceful: Ability to think creatively to source information and get things done
- Quick Study: Ability to quickly learn and absorb new information
- 2+ years of collections experience
- Top-notch customer service skills a must
- Attention to detail is a must
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to think out of the box and on your feet
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Persistent, aggressive, confident
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience with consumer debt collection
- Third party collections experience
- Ability to use critical thinking and persuasion to achieve as much of the expected daily payment as possible from the merchant
Category: Corporate Functions