Coaching Developer/Analyst - General Analyst
The Training & Communication team is looking for an analyst with a growth mindset, an understanding of effective learning methods and an intrinsic motivation to help others. The Coaching Developer/Analyst will identify and implement optimizations for frontline coaches and sales managers using coaching effectiveness data and sales behavior KPIs. The coaching analyst will design and develop content and coaching enablement resources, using data-driven decision making, for frontline coaches and sales managers within Wayfair Professional.
This role will also serve as a key liaison between the coaching enablement team and our Data Science and Data Solutions partners, in addition to communicating and collaborating with Sales and internal members of the Central Strategy & Operations Team, to identify and analyze coaching needs.
We tackle complex, big-picture problems head-on and use data and analytics to help frame coaching strategy and drive decision-making. The ideal candidate will have an affinity for solving business problems through innovative approaches - quantitative and/or qualitative - and will be able to keep an eye on the bigger picture while diving deep into our data sets and processes. This role requires regular interaction with senior stakeholders, so strong communication is key.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the Sales teams and other business stakeholders to design analyses that address high-level business questions related to coaching
- Assisting in the development of coach-facing resources and artifacts
- Turn analyses into actionable data-driven insights, and make business recommendations to close gaps
- Present a cohesive story with data and results, crafting a storyline that is easy to follow and that resonates with a senior audience
- Diagnose and solve data discrepancies in partnership with our business partners and Business Intelligence teams
- Proactively identify and fill coaching skill gaps by analyzing coaching inputs and outputs
- Partner with training and sales team to build and implement coaching content that aligns to business objectives and growth projections
- Communicate clearly and effectively across teams, levels, and leadership
- Support ongoing coaching initiatives with coaching content and resources, including eLearning, and virtual/remote training modules
- Design end to end blended learning solutions (eLearning, instructor-led: face to face and virtual, self-paced and micro-learning) using design models (ADDIE, SAM, others) that incorporate best practices in adult learning theory, learning assessments and evaluation methodologies
- Conduct regular audit and maintenance of existing coaching programs to ensure alignment with current business needs
What You'll Need
- Degree in a quantitative field like Business Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, or Statistics
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role in a fast-paced environment (in addition to any graduate education)
- Extensive experience using Python/R and SQL to write scalable code; experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) a bonus
- Experience with visualization tools preferred
- Strong demonstrated ability to solve complex and ambiguous business problems leveraging data analysis and modeling; Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where there can be degrees of ambiguity
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to translate sophisticated analyses into a logical, convincing business narrative to share with a variety of business stakeholders
- B2B sales or learning & development experience a plus
- Interest in coaching, behavioral science and psychology is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.