Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos!
Blink builds the completely wireless, affordable, and battery operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. We are seeking dynamic software development engineers to join our growing Cloud team.
· Work to bring products to market
· Lead regular system architecture, software design, patent filing, and interview cycles
· Interact with other teams across Blink and Amazon to ensure product quality and cohesiveness
· Work closely with our marketing and customer support teams to discover new ways to delight the customer
· 5+ years software development experience
· 5+ years experience with object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· 3+ years socket-level programming
· 1+ years working with Ruby/Python
· 1+ years building distributed web services
· 1+ years with MySQL, Redis, and DynamoDB
· Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
· Master’s degree in STEM field
· Experience in implementing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
· Active participant in bringing at least one successful product to market.
· Experience in multimedia streaming protocols, such as WebRTC and RTSP
· Strong communication skills (design docs, technical presentations, white boarding)
· Audio/Video codec knowledge
· Experience with camera image processing
· Demonstrable technical leadership skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
More Jobs From