About The Team
The Information Systems (IS) teams mission is to apply information and technology in collaboration with other business units and external stakeholders to improve operating efficiencies and promote innovation across the company. The team plays a key role in leading collaboration with others while creating digital strategies, embracing organizational changes, adopting agile practices, and experimenting with emerging technologies. They do all this while being compliant and secure by enforcing internal policies which are aligned to organizational strategy and vision.
About The Role
The Cloud Engineer will be a member of the Information Systems team and will be responsible to implement and support Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration on all Software Development projects and initiatives within Framework. This role works in collaboration with the Engineering and Product Development teams. We are looking for a person with adequate domain knowledge and hands-on experience in developing and implementing software projects. This person will be responsible for maintaining and improving the CI/CD pipelines in an agile software development environment. This role reports to the Director of Information Systems and is based in Boston, MA
What You'll Do
- Assist the Engineering team to implement and enhance CI/CD
- Work closely with the Information Systems and Engineering teams to manage and provide help/guidance with CI/CD
- Proactively manage, maintain, and monitor all CI/CD pipelines
- Assist and proactively manage the operation of IS backend systems including MS SQL Server, SSIS, Azure Data Service (Data Factory, Data Lake Storage, Data Warehouse etc.)
- Communicate effectively to various stakeholders with status updates
- Pursue training and professional development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, stay on top of new trends in CI/CD pipelines, software technologies related to cloud-based deployments and share expertise to the team
- Prepare and update documentation related to work done
What You'll Bring
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery techniques, test-driven development, and automated build and testing procedures
- Passion to engage in continuous learning to ensure knowledge of latest DevOps Techniques, Technologies, and cloud (AWS, Azure) product updates Passion for coding, problem solving, testing, and maintenance
- Experience working independently and within a team with diverse internal stakeholder groups
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile software development environment handling multiple projects, requests, and tasks effectively
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent technical degree
- 3-5 years experience in full stack development using Java, Web Services, Database and microservice development
- Strong background and experience building and maintaining CI/CD infrastructure automation (Amazon pipeline, Jenkins)
- Amazon Web Services including EC2, ECS, S3, CloudWatch, Lambda
- Experience using configuration management tools such as GitHub
- Experience with Systems Monitoring/Alerting tools (PagerDuty, CloudWatch, DataDog, NewRelic)
- Experience with container orchestration utilizing docker images (Node.js, Spring Boot applications)
- Experience with github, maven, scripting (bash, python etc.), databases (postgreSQL, SQL Server)
- AWS Certifications are definitely a plus for this position
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, Power BI and Azure Cloud Service technologies is a plus for this position
This job is in a professional office environment. Routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets is required. Occasional travel is required, including overnight travel for up to four days at a time.
This position requires the employee to work in an office environment. It requires the ability to speak and hear in person, over the phone, and in settings where there are groups of people. It requires the ability to travel to a variety of meeting locations including via airplane.
About the Company
Framework is a startup social enterprise built on a simple idea: every homebuyer should have access to unbiased information about the mortgage process and feel knowledgeable about the responsibilities of owning a home, throughout their homeownership journey. We are proudly pro-homeownership and believe its a uniquely accessible and powerful way for people to plant and grow seeds of generational wealth. We make it easier for people to do this by providing the tools we believe will lead people into homes that improve their quality of life, giving them the space to grow into their future, and gain value over time. Were dedicated to helping our customers make decisions with confidence, build wealth in their homes, and protect their investment for generations to come.
As we leverage the power of technology to strengthen communities one homeowner at a time, the individual contributions of our tight-knit team play a vital, daily role in shaping our products and services. Creative thinking, collaboration, and problem solving are at the core of the Framework culture, and were seeking team members with drive and creativity to add to the mix.
The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet Frameworks changing needs, at the sole discretion of management.