Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
The Cloud Operations Engineer is responsible for the health and stability of Devo's Cloud Infrastructure. This infrastructure lives in Amazon AWS, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure, and may also be in customer private clouds or on-premise facilities.
- Maintain our infrastructure in AWS, GCP, Azure, or in client environments
- Strive to improve the performance and efficiency of our platform
- Automate operations using principles such as IaC or Infrastructure as Code and modern tooling to do so
- Look for ways to improve our platform through better monitoring, triage, metric-driven reporting of status, automatic recovery, failover, etc.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation on system architecture and functionality
- Troubleshoot infrastructure issues quickly and efficiently with the goal of maximum customer uptimes
- Work with developers to create deployment and upgrade packages in alignment with SDLC requirements
- Collaborate with your team and leadership to continuously make improvements
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent applied work experience, relevant to Computer Science
- Active DOD Secret or higher clearance required
- Current IAT Level 2 or higher Certification (Security+, etc.)
- 5+ years experience working in software development, 3+ years working with cloud technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience creating reliable, scalable, and high performing tooling
- Minimum of 2 years programming or scripting in Python, Bash and/or Perl
- Extremely comfortable in multiple linux operating system flavors like Ubuntu and CentOS/RHEL
- Comfortable managing infrastructure in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Efficiency with modern tooling like Cloud Formation, Terraform, Packer, Vagrant, etc
- Experience using version control systems like Git or Gitlab
- Must be a self-starter, humble and respectful - No egos allowed
APPLICANT MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HAVE AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET CLEARANCE FOR THIS POSITION
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid