Clinical Sciences Analyst / Manager
TriNetX is the Global Health Research Network for Healthcare Organizations (HCOs), Biopharma & CROs, located in the Greater Boston area. We help optimize clinical research and enable discoveries through the creation of Real World Evidence (RWE). TriNetX combines real-time access to longitudinal clinical and genomic data with state-of-the-art analytics to answer complex research questions at the speed of thought.
Our customer base and network are growing rapidly, and we are expanding our Clinical Sciences team with the hiring of a Clinical Sciences Analyst (CSA) or Clinical Sciences Manager (CSM). Reporting to the VP of Clinical Sciences, he/she will serve the company as a clinical data subject matter expert as a liaison between our clients and the TriNetX platform. The CSA/CSM will work directly with Account Managers and Directors aiding in clinical sales discussions, training new users, and assisting with the maintenance of strong client relationships. Furthermore, he/she will interact with the Engineering and Product Management teams, providing feedback and suggestions for better product usability and new feature enhancements to our novel platform.
The CSA/CSM will need to draw upon their extensive expertise across the areas of clinical research, epidemiology, clinical trials design and execution to help our customers meet their goals. He/she will support and educate users in a consultative manner, ultimately creating self-sufficient users of our platform and driving product adoption in the process. The ideal candidate is someone willing to learn our platform, data, and tools while utilizing his/her existing clinical information skills to discover new approaches in solving challenging matters.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Determine criteria for defining a patient cohort and formalize it using standard coding schemes for clinical data
- Recognize nuances of healthcare data and find creative ways of representing it using the TriNetX platform
- Work with the Clinical Sciences staff and other teams across the company on project evaluations, disease/study reports, internal/external presentations, scientific publications, and more
- Serve as a RWE subject matter expert and point of contact (e.g. for sales, marketing, engineering, product management) for query design, clinical information, and platform-generated analyses and results
- Contribute to customer engagements using effective workload management and prioritization capabilities
- Support the sales and training processes of TriNetX on both the healthcare organization and sponsor (pharma/CRO) user ends of the platform
- Work with external clients to identify, analyze and interpret data relevant to clinical questions and needs, and provide consultative assistance via written, oral, or in-person presentation methods
- Support database quality processes by producing data-quality reports for project or policy development, as necessary
- Review professional journals, health bulletins, and other publications to keep informed of current trends and new knowledge in the clinical research field as well as create scientific publications based on data and analyses from the TriNetX platform
- Assures data quality, integrity and confidentiality of information
- The position is based in Cambridge, MA with some telecommuting as a potential option
- Travel component is approximately 5-20%
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a science or health-related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience with preference to advanced degree
- 5-10+ years experience in healthcare, real world evidence, clinical research, clinical trial design, or study feasibility, preferably in a pharma/CRO/data vendor setting
- In-depth knowledge in the areas of clinical research, clinical trials design, patient eligibility criteria, clinical trial execution, RWE evaluations, chart review studies,
- Works with patient data including clinical information systems, EMR, claims, epidemiology sources, etc. from both US and global sources
- Strong familiarity with clinical data coding systems and/or computer-based clinical search tools and data analytics
- Possesses strong, flexible research skills and ability to locate unusual information
- Significant experience interacting with customers to gather and understand their business/technical/clinical needs and offer well-thought, data-driven solutions
- Established ability to interpret and report analytical information in a clear concise manner with excellent communication skills on verbal, written and presentation levels
- Experience analyzing EMR and public health data using R, Python, SAS, SPSS, Stata and/or Epi Info
- Demonstrates time management and organization of workload to handle competing priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in all work output
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a diverse team
Interested in joining our community?
TriNetX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons are considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex or gender, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Local Candidates Only
No external recruitment candidates will be considered.