As a member of Clinical Informatics (CI) team, this role would serve as a liaison between CI, Engineering and Technical Solutions. The CDA/EPIC/ETL Consultant would assist in the following activities:
- Collaborate with internal as well as external stakeholders in drafting, designing, building and maintenance of connections with health systems employing EPIC EHRs for a streamlined and efficient data extraction.
- Will be responsible for building out reports based on those extractions.
- Create deliverables such as Data Dictionary, Specifications, source-system-based mapping documents.
- Identify architectural issues and propose alternative solutions to technical problems.
- Become an expert in OM1s data and assist in analyzing issues around the data, ranging from availability/presence of key variables to specific business logic to populate target schemas
- Develop a strong understanding of OM1s source databases by analyzing OM1s big data assets and providing guidance on how to appropriately transform these EPIC-specific assets into OM1s target schema.
- Collaborate with internal Engineering as well as Clinical Informatics teams in setting up the ETL processes around data extracted from these EPIC systems.
- Provide inputs/recommendations to the engineering team regarding additional tooling that would improve CI/data onboarding processes in areas such as data traceability, quality control, and automation.
- Continuously improve quality control processes to ensure data integrity within OM1s data assets.
- Draft, design, build and maintain connections outside of EPIC EHR system for potential direct connect data extraction.
- EPIC Clarity certification REQUIRED - in at least one clinical data model with understanding of data transfer using EPICs Caboodle database/system/interface OR a strong understanding of EPICs back-end database, including detailed knowledge of the underlying EPIC data model.
- B.S. in related field (e.g. - computer science, engineering, information system, information technology, healthcare, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in healthcare data analytics, ETL development, or clinical informatics.
- Experience working with and detailed understanding of other EHR systems (e.g. - Allscripts, Cerner, McKesson, eClinicalWorks, etc.)
- At least 2 years of SQL experience
- Strong understanding of relational databases (e.g. - Snowflake, SQL server), including proficiency in data analysis and loading
- Strong understanding of clinical terminologies (e.g. - ICD9/10, CPT/HCPC, GPI, LOINC, SNOMED, Medi-Span, etc.) and their uses in healthcare systems.
- Strong critical thinking and analytic mindset with an ability to perform detailed analyses and summarize findings at appropriate levels of details using charts, summary statistics, and specific examples.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to understand and communicate with external health systems/resources.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. - tableau)
- At least one year of experience scripting processes using a scripting or programming language such as Python, Unix/Linux Shell, Perl, JAVA, or other programming languages.
More Jobs From