OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas. We are growing the team and looking for a Clinical Data Analyst.
As a Clinical Data Analyst, you will become an expert in OM1s data and will assist in answering various questions about the data, ranging from availability/presence of key variables to specific business logic to populate target schemas. You will define and implement source to target mappings to standardize clinical data from a variety of sources. You will also improve operations on the Clinical Informatics team by scripting out processes that are commonly performed and developing reports that facilitate data monitoring and quality control.
- Develop a strong understanding of OM1s source databases by analyzing OM1s big data assets and providing guidance on how to appropriately transform those assets into OM1s target schema
- Work with data extracted directly from the backend and warehouses of EMR systems as well as pre- and post- adjudicated medical and pharmacy claims data
- Analyze, integrate, and transform data by working closely with OM1s research, product, engineering, and data science teams to define data elements, metadata, master/reference data rules, and processes to abstract and integrate data from multiple sources
- Define and implement source to target mappings to standardize data from a variety of healthcare organizations
- Provide input to the engineering team regarding additional tooling that would improve CI processes in areas such as data traceability, quality control, and automation
- Create deliverables such as source to target mappings, data dictionaries/specifications for data marts, and data request documents for data partners, customers, and vendors
- Manage processes to improve the mapping and normalization of content within OM1s database
- Continuously improve quality control processes to ensure data integrity within OM1s data asset
- Strong understanding of relational databases (e.g. Snowflake, RedShift, SQL Server, Oracle), including proficiency in data analysis and loading
- Strong querying and data analysis skills in SQL
- Strong understanding of clinical terminologies (e.g. CPT/HCPCS, ICD-9/10, Medi-Span GPI, LOINC, SNOMED CT, etc.) and their uses in healthcare systems
- Strong critical thinking and analytical mindset with an ability to perform detailed analyses and summarize findings at appropriate levels of detail using charts, summary statistics, and specific examples
- Time management and organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize tasks based on importance and time sensitivity
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Direct applicants only - No agencies.