Office Tour Photos
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panoramas platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each childs success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Team and Role:
Panoramas Client Success team has three key areas of responsibility:
- Owning and delivering on Panoramas vision for second-to-none quality and support for the Districts & Schools practice, comprising of nearly 500 of Panoramas smallest clients
- Designing and delivering on client support culture and processes that contribute to high renewals and expansions
- Ensuring clients achieve impact with Panoramas products and view our work as deeply relevant to their success
Were looking for a Team Lead to support and coach a team of Client Success Managers who own large portfolios of schools and districts that serve up to 9,000 students. The Team Lead will own our services strategy for this client segment. Together, you and the team will develop and improve processes for providing every client with best-in-class service and thought partnership. You will also serve as a coach, teacher, and mentor with a laser focus on helping our team embrace continuous improvement and get better on a weekly basis. Professional growth for all Panorama team members is an extremely important part of our culture and success. We pride ourselves on the authentic relationships weve built with our clients and the passion for improving education that we infuse into every interaction: we will be excited for you to help Panorama continue and expand its famous client experience as we scale. This role is based in Boston and reports to our VP of Client Success.
Team Leadership and Coaching:
- Set vision and strategy for the Districts & Schools CSM team, based on a deep understanding of our clients needs and how Panoramas product will help them be successful
- Design and track performance metrics at the team and individual levels
- Coach and support each member of the team (7-10 members through 2019), including regular one-on-ones; giving specific, targeted, and timely feedback; identifying opportunities for growth and development; and supporting hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training for team members
- Work with the Recruiting team to achieve successful hiring, building a team with the right skills and experience to deliver excellence consistently; design and coordinate the delivery of onboarding, ensuring fast and high quality ramp for new team members
Process Design and Management:
- Develop and improve Client Success processes, with a focus on increasing the level of value clients receive from the services our team delivers
- Aggressively and creatively seek ways to scale (through product, client support, service delivery, changes in our delivery model, alternative pricing proposals, etc.)
- Develop mechanisms to learn from clients to inform product development and share across our client community
- Join forces with our Engineering and Product teams both to enhance the client experience and scale it - with incremental improvements and game-changing innovations by channeling the voice of the customer in internal conversations
- Work collaboratively with VP of Client Success and CS Leadership Team to define the vision for product and service delivery to clients; determine the right mix of experience and talent to deliver on the vision.
- Ensure team members can successfully reach renewal and expansion goals for low-end clients and that they can coordinate closely with Account Management colleagues to deliver high renewal rates and expansion opportunities.
- Manage client portfolios across team members; ensure excellence in client delivery
- Manage a small client portfolio (3-5 clients) and support client escalations when necessary
What We're Looking For
- Experience coaching and leading a team towards ambitious goals; experience growing a team is a plus
- At least 2-3 years of experience in education, services, consulting, and/or account management
- Organized and detailed-oriented, with experience developing processes to support high-performing teams
- Outstanding ability to communicate, listen, negotiate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of education organizations, including senior leaders and superintendents (via phone, email, and in-person); ideally, experience explaining technical projects
- Excitement about learning new products, platforms and environments quickly; comfort with technology and commitment to using it to improve processes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to balance the existence of clear systems and processes with the need to modify existing processes in the service of continuous improvement and the changing demands of a rapidly growing business
- Experience working in or working with large organizations, especially school systems or other government agencies is preferred
- Passion for improving education and for helping clients use Panorama successfully to improve their schools and classrooms
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; weve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From