We are looking for a Technical Implementation Associate to join our Claim Readiness team within our Technology Enabled Services division. Your job will be to implement billing rules based on business requirements defined by your teammates.
But enough about us, lets talk about you.
You are an analytical technically-minded individual with superior attention to details. You can process and resolve complex questions or issues from multiple angles using your expertise and resources. You adhere to defined and communicated standards and processes and suggest revisions when processes and standards can be improved. You respond to potential conflicts with stakeholders with fair, transparent and balanced decisions.
The Team: Our Claim Readiness team eliminates the administrative burden associated with medical billing and ensures our clients cash flow by enabling the creation of accurate insurance claims with minimal client work.
- Review claim billing logic business requirements for technical feasibility and compliance requirements, and work with colleagues to close any gaps
- Create and test billing rules based on defined business requirements
- Interface with our development teams to hand off development of billing rules that require software development skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience; experience with Decision Management is a plus
- Interest in solving complex Healthcare billing problems; Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification and/or healthcare revenue cycle experience (especially working in claims QA or audit) a strong plus
- Familiarity and comfort around web/software applications and development life cycle, with a basic understanding of cloud-based SaaS and Agile terminology
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and is comfortable acting as a teacher and mentor by providing constructive feedback every day
- Understanding and ability to adhere to complex regulations and developing policies and procedures
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.