We are looking for a Data Analytics Sr. Associate to join our Claim Readiness team within our Technology Enabled Services division. Your job will be to analyze athenaNets claims data and conduct independent research to deliver data driven insights, which will be used to create industry leading billing rules that generate superior billing outcomes for healthcare providers. The role combines technical expertise in data analysis with the research acumen required to identify and define actionable opportunities to prevent negative billing outcomes.
But enough about us, let us talk about you.
You have experience creating meaningful analysis with large, complex datasets. You are enthusiastic about problem solving and can confidently partner with stakeholders, using your experience with data analysis to surface true insight, iterate on approach, and drive results. You have strong attention to detail and are at your best when tackling new problems and supporting innovation.
The Team: Our Claim Readiness team eliminates the administrative burden associated with medical billing and ensures our clients cash flow by enabling the creation of accurate insurance claims with minimal client work.
- Utilize athenas data assets to deliver insights that promote the continuous improvement of network billing outcomes
- Research the root cause of spikes and trends in negative billing outcomes to identify and define the business requirements for actionable opportunities to improve billing performance
- Monitor and reporting out to stakeholders on the drivers of key performance indicators (KPIs) of billing performance and areas of opportunity to drive improvement
- Manage of and execution against initiatives to research and improve specific areas of poor billing performance or drive process improvement
- Lead projects that contribute to business initiatives
- Drive improvements in data usage to improve the ability to deliver meaningful insight
- Bachelors Degree required in a quantitative or technical discipline such as, economics, finance, computer science, business, or a similar quantitative field
- Ability to effectively create reports and synthesize data into digestible and actionable information
- 5+ years of professional work experience, inclusive of 2+ years of data analytics
- Expertise in relational databases, BI tools, OLAP technologies, and the ability to gather data
- Experience with at least one data-extraction, scripting, and/or programming language (e.g., SQL, R, Python)
- Familiar with healthcare revenue cycle management as well as the various reimbursement models; hands on experience working directing in support of healthcare revenue cycle a plus
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.