Soofa is a seed-stage, leading IoT startup who is revolutionizing the way we communicate in cities. We develop technology like the Soofa Sign to help urban dwellers take the pulse of their city and connect with each other in real time. Are you ready for the smart city revolution?
We are looking for a City Account Manager to get more Soofa Signs into more cities and neighborhoods across the globe. We need someone who is outgoing, patient, excited by research, loves meeting new people, and is passionate about telling Soofa’s story.
- Be the face of Soofa, assisting VP of Partnerships with key stakeholder relationship management, including attending neighborhood, city council, and community development meetings across the U.S.
- Identify priority cities for expansion, including developing and managing pipeline of 15-20 ongoing strategic city growth planning projects at once
- Research and draft RFP/RFI responses
- Research and develop internal “playbooks” for best practices, including stakeholder maps, historic info on past projects, budgeting, mapping, and summarizing strategic priorities
- Monitor competitor and market activity in Soofa’s current markets to provide guidance to Sales, Marketing, and Leadership teams
- Assist VP of Partnerships with business management tasks, including modeling and pitch decks
- Constantly update databases and use Soofa’s CRM to manage pipeline
- Account management, business development, consulting, or sales experience. Startup or marketplace experience a plus
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Experience with RFPs/RFIs/grant writing
- Experience with Hubspot Sales CRM, creating and communicating pipeline via dashboards and monthly reports, and hitting and exceeding metrics
- Proven ability to manage complex, multi-stakeholder projects from start to finish
- Familiarity with urban design and community planning; ability to identify the optimal locations for Soofa Signs across a city and in specific neighborhoods
- The person people trust and are happy to see
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders, gaining their trust, confidence, and respect, as well as the ability to build consensus among stakeholders with varying interests and objectives
- Patience—you are motivated by holistic, long-term growth, not instant gratification. You are comfortable with long sales cycles and multi-stakeholder deals that can last 1-2 years and involve over a dozen people
- Ability to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations or conversations—super resilient!
- A supremely organized human who excels at gently guiding others to become more organized themselves
Bonus Points For
- Experience working with local government (large and small cities, towns, and counties) and/or real estate developers
- Being passionate about the work Soofa is doing for communities
- Past experience in urban design, architecture, landscape architecture
More Jobs From