Office Tour Photos
Upserve is looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to lead the companys technology organization, with responsibility for the vision, leadership, and implementation of overall technology strategy and development and test processes. The role will require a passionate, business-oriented technology leader who can provide strategic leadership and management in the design and development of the major technical initiatives that support strategic business programs and facilitate revenue growth. The ideal candidate will be able to get into the details while providing strategic, technical, and operating expertise and guidance, and bringing creativity, vision, and passion to the technology organization. We are looking for a CTO who is a customer focused engineering leader with a sharp product sense to lead our Engineering and Product teams.
About the Role:
- Lead Upserves technical teams to develop and execute on a product and platform vision for the company. Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the companys services through technology and innovation. Assess obstacles and technical hurdles to success and recommend solutions.
- Position the company through cutting-edge software, and other enterprise-wide applications and their alignment with the strategic direction of the business.
- Establish and implement short and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Lead technology & business planning, project management and business analysis to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all technology-based services.
- Develop enterprise objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information.
- Provide leadership for infrastructure & security teams ensuring high availability, security and scalability. Implement cloud solutions and evaluate solutions that expand the reach of the organization.
- Define technical architecture & set vision for software development teams to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner with expected user functionality and reliability.
- Identify, evaluate, and execute new and innovative solutions and technologies that have proven results in the market pertaining to profitability, competitive advantage, cost savings, and ability to positively scale the Technology department with company growth.
- Maintain a proactive information security posture of all technology systems.
- Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all back-up, business continuity, and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Evaluate overall operations and technology functions and recommend enhancements.
- Evaluating and implementing improvements to the current system for ongoing innovation and disruption in the industry.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Developing the companys strategy for using technological resources
- Ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- Proven ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have functional depth in technology and product development across all core competencies and prior experience as a CTO/CIO or as a second in command.
- Ability to lead and inspire technology professionals to succeed in a fast changing and highly competitive market, keeping the team focused on strategies and tactics to best leverage the resources of a growing company.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with the non-technical parts of the business to get the entire company on the same page with regard to the roadmap and any challenges that arise.
- Maintain explicit efforts to share knowledge between functions and departments outside of Engineering/Product.
- 10+ years of proven success as a complex technological environments with increasing responsibility in product development leadership.
Upserve is the magic ingredient that helps restaurateurs thrive by putting everything they need in one place. We are a leading restaurant management platform with a cloud-based Point of Sale (POS) system, data and analytics, inventory management and payments processing for small to midsize restaurants. Thousands of restaurants use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 57 million active diners, process over $12 billion in annual sales, and to serve over 36 million meals per month. Being a part of the Upserve team brings a plethora of amazing benefits and here are a few:
Well invest in your career. Upserve is growing quickly, and well give you the opportunity to do the same. Through our internal learning and development resources and our partnership with Vista Equity Partners, youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs. We care about your well being.
We pay 100% of your medical and dental insurance coverage, offer tax savings plans for retirement and dependent care, subsidize your transportation costs, offer a generous and inclusive parental leave, and provide catered lunches/meal allowances. We offer competitive compensation packages. Our people matter! We dont ignore the role that compensation has on motivation and performance so we strive to equitably compensate our people.
Weve created an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are a diverse group, so were building a team that is too. Through our various D&I recruitment partnerships, intramural sports, quarterly engagement and feedback surveys, and more. Were building an organization that provides our employees with the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
Want to know what its like to work at Upserve? Check out our Instagram, Inside Upserve.
Upserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a team that is as diverse as the industry we serve. We partner with a number of local organizations working to improve access to the tech industry for underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
More Jobs From