Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
Chief of Staff (CoS) to the CEO
The Chief of Staff (CoS) provides operational and communications partnership to the CEO. Reporting to the CEO, the individual will play a key enabling and facilitating role acting with, and on behalf, of the CEO working with senior leadership, employees, and other important stakeholders. This includes leading special projects and driving key initiatives, as well as fostering an environment for senior leadership to have productive discussions and to achieve optimal results.
The position is multi-dimensional in nature and requires an ability to quickly learn and understand Drifts business, not only from an operational perspective, but also from a technological perspective. The individual will be able to appreciate the key elements that drive success today, as well as position Drift for our continued success into the future. The Chief of Staff will also play a significant role in our planning, strategy, and execution of CEO communications on both an internal and external basis.
The candidate who fills this role must be able to work with senior executives, other leaders, and executive assistants in a collaborative and results-oriented manner. Moreover, the candidate must bring tact and influence to the role but in a way that enables action and outcomes without necessarily having overt authority.
- A strategic advisor to the CEO and a highly trusted person with whom to discuss and pressure-test ideas.
- An extra set of hands for the CEO and other leaders to help with communications and presentation development.
- A proxy for the CEO for people who cant get immediate time with the CEO.
- An organizer to help manage the priorities, projects, decisions, and actions that should be under consideration by the CEO.
- Partner with the Executive Assistant to drive overall management of the CEOs calendar to ensure it maximizes productivity and effectiveness. This also includes an ability to proactively connect the dots to identify where issues and conflicts might arise.
- Provide a critical role in driving the cadence of updates and follow-up actions related to senior leadership initiatives.
What Youll Do In This Role:
- Analyze Drifts opportunities for expansion. Lead and contribute to special projects as assigned by the CEO and/or senior leadership.
- Design and implement processes to improve executive decision-making, communication and execution. Maintain order in a fast-paced environment.
- Create, edit and project manage presentation materials (external and internal). Assist in Board, and investor meeting preparations, including pitch decks.
- Run regular leadership meetings, and offsites, including formulating and managing the strategic agenda of the team.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on effective organizational structures and practices, looking for opportunities to improve inefficiencies within the organization.
What were looking for:
- Extremely organized with project management experience, and the ability to ruthlessly prioritize.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on results.
- Analytical and strategic thinker who is able to align detailed work to the big picture objectives.
- Reputation of bias for action, and can be trusted to always execute and never drop the ball.
- Personal integrity, with the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrives in ever-changing environments, and excited by ambiguity.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in roles working with executives.
- MBA from a top tier institution.
Dont Bother Applying If Any Of These Things Are True About You:
- Youre afraid to get your hands dirty (really).
- Youre afraid to carry the water.
- Youre concerned with work/life balance and are looking for a 9-to-5 job.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an ideal candidate. We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please dont hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background youre coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. Were looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]. #LI-Remote