Chief Operating Officer (startup experience required)
dineoutwith.us is on a mission to help the world rediscover the lost joy of the dinner party. As a pioneer in the burgeoning social dining space, dineoutwith.us partners with restaurants to offer exclusive off-menu, private dining experiences to select groups of discerning diners who are invited by a host to an in-restaurant “dinner party”. Hosts are able to create unique experiences for their friends and enjoy the benefits of social dining without the challenges of cooking and hosting in their own homes. Guests enjoy a frictionless evening of convivial conversation and a unique dining experience. Restaurants gain a better way of attracting large group reservations and way of driving business on what might otherwise be slow nights.
As Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the business and the national roll out of dineoutwith.us’ social dining model. Working closely with the CEO, you will be the builder to his visionary role, his thought partner on strategy and execution, and have central responsibility for determining the optimal use of available resources. If this is right for you, it’s because you are a high energy individual who knows what it takes to scale a startup company, has a passion for creating order out of what might otherwise be chaos, and the savvy to overcome the inevitable hurdles that come with giving life to an awesome concept.
The company is currently funded for a lean rollout, and strong preference will be given to candidates who can handle 2-3 months of below-market salary (with equity to more than compensate for the delay and risk) before converting to a start-up normal package when financing is closed. Qualified candidates should provide a thoughtful cover letter indicating your interest in the position.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) must haves:
- Previous experience in a high-velocity startup
- 4+ years in the role of a senior operations leader
- 2-3 years in a retail/e-commerce company
- Firm understanding of business financials, budgets etc.
- Strong analytical thinker who is data driven yet able to make a decision quickly
- Innovative strategic thinker
- Excellent project management skills balancing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Experience developing, implementing and achieving KPIs
- Demonstrated facility with project management tools, automated marketing applications and social media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders * Exemplary standards of quality, accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in basic workplace software (MS Office, Google Apps)
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- Coordinate HR functions such as recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new staff
- Oversee campaign to onboard initial restaurant partners
- Identify and contract bookkeeper and accounting professionals
- Oversee day-to-day operational finance (payroll, restaurant payment & other accounts payable)
- Participate in creation of company financial projections and reporting systems
- Help define operational, financial, and marketing KPIs and work with CTO to create appropriate reporting systems
- Support CEO in fundraising process
- Manage city-specific restaurant relationship managers
- Oversee roll-out to additional geographies post-launch
- Other projects and duties, as assigned Position
Full time, based in Boston, MA.
We are striving to create a win-win-win company culture centered on the following: operational excellence; personal accountability in the framework of a high-performing, highly-interdependent team; obsession with product quality and customer delight; and prudent stewardship of both company and stakeholder needs.
Please send a CV and thoughtful cover letter outlining your potential to contribute to the dineoutwith.us team. Three references will be required for all candidates who are being seriously considered after an initial interview.