LeanIX aspires to become the number one SaaS solution to modernize IT architectures. We are well on our good way. Hundreds of well-known brands such as adidas, Volkswagen, Atlassian and Vodafone make better decisions in IT with LeanIX.
LeanIX is not just the product, it is also a great place to work. Colleagues from dozens of countries jointly make our vision reality. Yes, we work hard to achieve our ambitious goals. But, we have everything needed to do so. We have invested a lot in a working environment that allows everyone to thrive. We believe in open access to leadership, transparent communication, personal development, a modern, airy working environment, and that our world-class team deserves the best software stack money can buy.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Marketing Officers primary objective is to partner with sales and to drive growth and revenue. The ideal candidate can "helicopter up and down," to be highly strategic in allocating investment and resources to drive outcomes, but also hands-on to ensure successful execution. The CMO will thrive in actively partnering with sales, enjoying a high degree of interaction with customers and with the market. The successful candidate will have had exposure to global marketplaces, and have their sights set on exponential growth with, and for, LeanIX.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- Create a "land & expand," web-based, low touch/low friction/high-velocity model to accelerate growth and transform the companys offerings.
- Assure that marketing spend is allocated to trackable programs.
- Ensure that the working pipeline can support the company's revenue plan.
- Improve conversion across product solutions working cross-functionally to determine lead quality, quantity, and cost structure.
- Develop engaging content aligned with the sales cycle to be used across all types of promotion from print to digital.
- Drive MarTech to analyze and discover customer and data-driven insights to increase growth.
- Establish a collaborative, results-oriented and data-driven marketing department.
- Manage all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, metrics, and reporting.
- Manage external agencies and relationships with marketing services.
- In collaboration with senior leadership, develop and execute an on-going strategy and ensure monthly, quarterly and yearly targets are met.
- Work with the executive leadership to become the organizational glue to deliver change.
- Elevate and differentiate the LeanIX brand, creating a compelling strategy and market messages.
- Develop content marketing capacity to establish LeanIX as a thought leader within target verticals to drive inbound leads and speed the sales cycle.
- Own positioning, messaging, branding, segmentation, and marketing strategy.
- Continuously refine comprehensive go to market plan with input from Sales.
- Generate effective product marketing collateral such as product demonstrations, case studies, white papers, webinars, solution comparisons, to educate target buyers and influencers about LeanIXs differentiated value proposition.
- Utilize market & competitive research to segment and define target markets, refine and improve the product value proposition, and implement best market entry strategy.
- A track record influencing analysts successfully to systematically improve the positioning in the Gartner magic quadrant, with proven tactics and relationships for doing so. Has dynamic personality and credibility to represent the firm in these relationships. Develop a working relationship and alignment with the Product Architect to ensure that marketing is promoting what the company is developing.
- Ensure rigor and discipline across company-wide programs that support integrated marketing and business development models.
- Work with business development, alliances, and CEO to support strategic business opportunities.
- Design the right strategies and processes to carry out the vision in a multichannel world.
- Align marketing strategy with the CEO and key stakeholders to develop and execute dynamic campaigns that drive growth for their target segments.
- Drive integrated marketing efforts that glue all aspects.
- Build out the product marketing organization.
- Participate in future product development strategy.
- Fine-tune both the corporate and product story.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate will be a proven, results-oriented leader with a history of driving demand in a hyper-growth public cloud, datacenter, or infrastructure software company. S/he will have a successful track record as a category creator and thought leader in high growth B2B (vertical SaaS). This CMO has built and scaled an enterprise marketing organization and hired and led a team of A players, while successfully elevating the brand.
Business and Domain Expertise:
- 12+ years of well-rounded modern marketing experience in positions of increasing responsibility. Ideally a combination of large companies and emerging growth companies.
- An undergraduate degree is required; an MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Marketing success with a high growth company required. Marketing leadership for a market-making company strongly preferred.
- Experience successfully running ABM campaigns, with quantifiable results in pipeline and closed won results.
- Ability to identify prospects through analysis of needs, usage behavior, and account potential.
- Proven success creating a strategy to sell to line of business owners at the department level, and expand/ build out to scale.
- Industry related experience. Significant success scaling marketing programs within software or SaaS/cloud at the enterprise level.
- A track record influencing analysts successfully to win prominent 1st position the Gartner magic quadrant, with proven tactics and relationships for doing so. Has dynamic personality and credibility to represent the firm in these relationships.
- Proven success record of partnering with sales to drive lead generation and revenues up while driving the cost of sales and time to close down.
- Track record of building a metrics-driven, highly accountable marketing organization focused on measurable outcomes. Analytical expertise including measuring both lead and lag measures such as #MQLs, #SQLs, $ value of pipeline created.
- Proven success at internal communication to gain buy-in on corporate strategy and marketing strategy and plans.
- External communications expertise including branding and messaging to different target audiences, online advertising/promotion, and working with the press and other media.
- Exposure to all facets of global marketing, including Sales Support, Channel Marketing, Branding, Strategy, Messaging, Marketing Programs, Market Communications, Public Relations, and Analyst Relations.
- Proven success developing and executing integrated business to business marketing campaigns, including goal setting, budget management and results measurement.
- Broad knowledge of internet marketing tools and CRM data. Ideally in a "land and expand," lower touch higher volume SaaS/cloud environment.
- Must have strong relationship acumen: ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Flexible and quick. Culture carrier who is facile with change management.
- Holds the company and team's best interests at heart while building and scaling a world-class company.
- High EQ; leadership and decisions are situation appropriate, not using a blanket approach.
- Incredibly strong conviction and vision along with the requisite interpersonal, presentation, organizational and planning skills.
- Cool under pressure, able to prioritize and deliver.
- Hires slow, fires fast; a proven track record of attracting, hiring, retaining, and motivating top-class marketing talent.
- Communicates clearly, regularly and appropriately.
- Fosters an open work environment and generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Highest standards of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- Invests in the growth of people to match future company needs.
- Able to take a laser approach to high value-projects.
- Steady, supportive and naturally collaborative.
- Business maturity, persistence, adaptability, and work ethic/drive.
- Intellectually curious, problem solver, eager to learn, a persuasive and charismatic change agent.
As an equal opportunity employer, LeanIX is committed to a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, belief, political affiliation, union membership, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.