Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Characterization Lab Technician.
- Metallurgy polishing and sample preparation
- Mechanical testing of metals and documenting results
- Working with external vendors for machining and heat-treatment
- Writing SOPs and keeping track of consumables
- Conducting experiments under supervision of scientists/engineer
- Calibrating and troubleshooting of equipment
- Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team, and partners
- Demonstrated ability to follow SOPs and carry out characterization tasks consistently
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Being highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience in characterization labs
- Powder metal processing and characterization
- Metallurgical laboratory processing
- Metallographic etching
- Optical Microscopy and Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Mechanical testing of metals
- Instrument troubleshooting
- High temperature materials experiments - heat treating, metal deformation
- Additive manufacturing
- Familiarity with statistics using MS Excel or similar
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.