Channel Account Executive
As Carbonite is poised to enter a $13 billion US market and $40 billion international market, we are expanding our sales team to fuel this growth. We are seeking a Channel Account Executive with a proven track record and high expectations for their future success and development.
As Channel Account Executive, you will be responsible for increasing revenue through Carbonite's authorized partners.You’ll become a backup and recovery subject matter expert, learning how to effectively leverage the channel to drive growth within SMB and mid-market accounts. You’ll become an encyclopedia of competitive information, a compelling negotiator and learn how to deliver the Carbonite value proposition to key decision makers.Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Manage up to 50 channel partner relationships, working with partners to exceed sales and revenue goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Proactively prospect new business opportunities via cold call, email, prospecting tools and marketing leads.
- Manage the entire sales cycle including sourcing, prospecting, qualifying, product demonstrations, objection handling, competitive analysis, negotiation, and closing.
- Effectively communicate Carbonite’s role in the disaster recovery space and educate prospects/customers about features and benefits of Carbonite's portfolio.
- Drive traffic to various online and offline events including trade shows, webinars, and partner and community events.
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility.
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Consummate professionalism, even in times of heavy workload or balancing multiple priorities.
- Experience as a self-starter who can identify problem areas and execute solutions.
Skills & Experience:
- 2-4 years of B2B SaaS sales OR account management experience, preferably in a channel centric environment
- Phenomenal phone presence and interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven track record of success in goal-driven, metrics-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional leaders inside and outside the organization to define and solve problems, and to deal with complex issues in situations where “standard” solutions do not exist
- Preferred experience with Salesforce.com
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us? #LI-EB2
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.