The 3D Visualization team is a rapidly growing and changing division within Wayfair that is revolutionizing how imagery is created. This group is working on highly visible projects which drive innovation and market competitiveness daily for Wayfair. Our teams ability to inspire customers through creating high quality and inspirational imagery is a core differentiator for our company.
We are looking for a 3D Senior Art Director/CG Supervisor to achieve our goals of producing beautiful and impactful imagery at scale. This individual will lead a large team of ~30 artists and several Art Managers, and must have experience managing a fast-paced, production oriented, technical 3D team focused on ArchViz renderings of Wayfairs products. We are seeking someone who will motivate and inspire artists to produce great images. Someone who will conceptualize and execute on process and technical workflows, specifically related to photo realism and image outputs.
This leader will be critical to the teams ability to scale and evolve with the business needs, as well as provide guidance to other managers. Successful applicants will be highly-driven and comfortable with constant change, and will be able to rigorously prioritize work as business needs evolve.
What You'll Do:
- Manage 3D art team output and deliverables, including setting goals, managing workflows and improving techniques to meet business expectations and continually push the bar on photorealism.
- Collaborate with Art & Creative Directors to develop standards and implement best practices to quickly output high quality imagery.
- Art direct for imagery for lighting and photo realism.
- Partner with business stakeholders to prioritize and manage team expectations.
- Identify, mentor and develop leadership talent.
What You'll Need:
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max and V-ray.
- Expertise in leading teams in creating photoreal 3D assets.
- Strong management skills, and interest in interior design.
- 5+ years managing large groups of technical 3D artists.
- Ability to mentor teams work, including setting priorities and thinking outside of the box for unconventional solutions to large scale challenges.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams. Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Makes sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities.