Office Tour Photos
Carrier Performance Management Associate
The Middle Mile team is looking for a proven leader to drive a transformative redesign of our shipping network. This person will play a key role in a major company initiative to roll out a best in class transportation network through more intelligent network routing, pooling, and cross docking. As an integral member of this team, youll be able to put your stamp on the design and execution of a very unique and proprietary furniture network.
We are looking for the right individual, who is team oriented, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep background in either procurement and Carrier Management or experience costing and managing a transportation network working for a carrier or 3PL in order to manage our critically important transportation business and drive down costs, speed up transit time and reduce damages. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to lead one of our core operational functions.
Who we are: The Middle Mile manages all of Wayfairs logistics operations from our suppliers to our warehouses or direct to our customers. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry. We believe in repeatable, scalable, data and process driven management while embracing Wayfairs entrepreneurial creative and fun atmosphere. We also provide leadership by example in hiring, retention and safety.
What you will do:
- Design and drive metrics to measure and monitor carrier performance and cost. This will be done through the use of both systematic and manually developed solutions. The audience of this reporting will be both internal and external.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to provide visibility of transportation flows. Identify and communicate risk and develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Contribute strategic insights on networks design and improvements. Assist in driving enhancements to the network and processes.
- Recruit and onboard, negotiate contracts and train new providers in the Truckload, LTL, IM and dray space.
- Work with cross functional teams to drive overall network performance.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years in logistics, carrier management or transportation operations.
- Ability to manage and drive and prioritize projects, while leading cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong inter-personal and relationship building skills. Proven ability to work successfully with and across teams. Able to building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Strong leadership ability. A hands-on analyst and team player that can inspire/mentor staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills. Able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and then proactively communicate those insights to senior leaders. Able to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From