Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) is seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business. Your responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining inventory, quality assurance, and working cross-functionally with the inventory team and management. The Buyer will work across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
The Buyer should be analytically minded, possess excellent negotiation skills, and be a creative problem solver in order to secure the best prices according to budget. Knowledge of sales and marketing principles is beneficial.
- Research, select, and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Update inventory and ensure that inventory levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Coordinate with inventory and management teams, as required.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- Proven work experience as a Buyer, Purchasing Agent or similar role.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- ERP/MRP experience, specifically with NetSuite preferred.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.