Business Systems Manager
Catalants technology platform and programs enable companies to get mission critical work done faster. Forward-looking executives partner with Catalant to transition to an agile operating model and access the skills and expertise they need to rapidly innovate and stay ahead of disruption.
More than 30 percent of the Fortune 100 use Catalants best practices and platform to frictionlessly access and deploy talent, ranging from employees to over 50,000 independent consultants and 1,000 boutique firms in Catalants Expert Marketplace. Anonymized data from leading companies train Catalants AI-powered skills matching and recommendation engine, inform its best practices, and surface intelligent insights that get smarter over time.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, and Greylock Partners. We're on a mission to build the absolute best team, and are looking for talented, scrappy, fun, and competitive folks to redefine the way work gets done!
Catalant is looking for a Business Systems Manager to own the technological backbone of Catalants go-to-market engine. Working closely with the Director of Operations (direct manager), VP of Strategy, sales leadership, and cross-functional partners, you will:
- Optimize our strategic business systems as the foundations for effective internal processes and data-driven decision making
- Ensure an ergonomic user experience and maximum productivity for our sales team across our sales tech stack
What youll do
- Serve as primary administrator for Salesforce.com identifying, designing, and implementing improvements to our setup while ensure ongoing data integrity
- Manage Marketo - collaborating with Marketing leadership to ensure optimal inbound lead flows and lifecycle management, across all sales & marketing touchpoints and hand-offs
- Own development/delivery Salesforce and related tools documentation and training; own change management for larger features, changes, and new tools adoption
- Manage and develop our Sales Operations Admin in providing frontline support to sales and other users for systems-related requests
- As needed, field escalated Salesforce-related internal support requests; identify opportunities for preventative care via technical improvements or additional training
- Optimize processes for scalability, repeatability, and efficiency; ensure harmonious working of tools ecosystem, especially all integrations to/from Salesforce
- Collaborate cross-functionally (with Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance & Ops) to gather requirements and plan improvements to existing business processes
What youll bring
- 3-5 years experience with Salesforce / Business Systems administration
- Proven ability to create and improve Salesforce.com custom fields and objects, page layouts, formula fields, workflow rules, sharing rules, validation rules, process builder, visual workflow, data loader, etc.
- Detail-orientation, structured thinking, and ability to conceptualize complex systems; passion for improving processes and maximizing operational efficiency
- Effective written and verbal communication, which can be adapted to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team, with ambition to grow the function as needs of internal customers expand
- Self-direction, with the ability to prioritize and balance long-term execution while triaging multiple new requests per day
- Comfort with project management, taking the lead on initiatives involving multiple collaborators
- Experience working with Marketo or similar marketing technology
Bonus points for:
- Certifications: Salesforce Certified Admin, Advanced Admin, or Sales Cloud Consultant
- Experience using Salesforce Lightning
- Experience with Outreach.io or similar platform
- Proficiency in development of Salesforce apex classes, visualforce components, and web services; or alternative programming experience, e.g. Java or similar language
- Product management experience and/or knowledge of software development processes and best practices